Rear Camber Toe adjusters with Rotary slide bearings

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
Pete M
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 13, 2012

Rear Camber Toe adjusters with Rotary slide bearings

Post by Pete M »

Newbie here be gentle

Wondered if anyone has tried using the Ireland Engineering camber toe adjusters with E32 rotary slide bearings installed in the rear trailing arms

My concern is that as the name suggests the rotary slide bearings only rotate and slide so would they accommodate the slight misalignment caused when adjusting camber toe

I've also seen a video posted on the forum of the Pitman Arm, toe link in action showing that as the trailing arm moves the bushes allow slight laterally movement, would the adjusters cause a binding effect again when slightly misaligned

Many thanks

Peter
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

They work fine together. The E34 M5 had slotted toe adjusters built into the rear subframe from the factory, and also used the bearings instead of the bushings. I have this setup on my wagon now.
Pete M
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 13, 2012

Post by Pete M »

mooseheadm5

Thanks for the instant and confident reply

I knew the M5 used the bearings but wasn't aware of the slotted adjusters

Many thanks

Peter
Frybrid 524td
Posts: 2689
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: ...

Post by Frybrid 524td »

I have a set of rotary bearings with some mangled boots if anyone is interested. They are unused but you'll need to get boots off of something else.
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

I'll take those!
Post Reply