OT-Sorry guys, search fail e34 differential

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

OT-Sorry guys, search fail e34 differential

Post by TSMacNeil »

I'm sorry guys...I can't find a thread I was in asking about a differential for my '95 525. I think I'm just interested in a 3.46. LS would be nice, but not required.
Paul was in the thread with strong recommendations of similar flange sizes...I can't find the thread.

I made some notes on my desk blotter...

Medium case 3:46 from e34 535 manual
3:73 from e34 525 manual

(would be the best plug and play without flange work)

Amirite?

thanks a lot.
pldlnr
Posts: 2221
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by pldlnr »

Those are the ones. Seems like there are more manual 525i than 535i. We are talking about m20 powered 525i, just to be clear.
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

I think I have one, a 3.46 (or was it 3.64?) LSD for an E34. I'm on vacation right now and won't be back until Wednesday. It's at Darin's house in San Diego...send me a PM if you're interested.
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

pldlnr wrote:Those are the ones. Seems like there are more manual 525i than 535i. We are talking about m20 powered 525i, just to be clear.
Feeling some love. Thank you sir. I was hoping you'd stumble upon my weary head.

My greatest thanks for showing up in this thread....

Tim
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

Kenny-
I'd prefer a LSD....er..
:laugh:

I need it to be a bolt up operation....no flangework as I'm too old for that shit.
:laugh:

thanks

Timothy
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

Hey Tim,

I found two of your threads in which E34 diffs were discussed.

Rich

I bought an E34

What's a fair price for a S3.64 differential?
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

:laugh:
Thanks Rich,

Not sure why I couldn't find them...I found everybody else's.
Greg E34
Posts: 1819
Joined: Nov 24, 2008
Location: The Dirty Dime

Post by Greg E34 »

The output flanges swap very easily. The input takes a little more work / finesse, but still pretty simple (even for an amateur). I had to swap both when I put the 3.46 LSD in my touring, but it was well worth the labor.
Post Reply