BARGAIN TIGER FOR SALE....$10K

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

BARGAIN TIGER FOR SALE....$10K

Post by Duke »

This is a post from a Tiger board 32 minutes ago.

I have talked to this guy and this is the real deal. I talked to Norm Miller and he said this one needs for somone to jump on this. I have decided not to go for it at this time. enjoy

Real Tiger with documentation. Car is completely disassembled neatly in boxes. Nut and bolt restoration started. Body is mounted on a nice homemade steel rolling rotisserie in my garage. Rotisserie comes with the car. Not driven since 1983. Everything is there and in good condition. Clear Florida Title. Data plate/serial number plate has not been removed since manufacture. Red car with black interior. Have original 260 engine, transmission, shifter, air cleaner, rear, glass, seats, wiring harness, Etc. Body has had some metal repair in the past. Repairs were done in welded metal and are solid. Small amount of rust in the inside of the wheel wheels (not in body) can be easily repaired. Hood and trunk are perfect. Needs dash and steering wheel wood redone.

Needs a good home. I also have a freshly honed 289 5 bolt block that has been bored and honed +.30. with new cam bearings that comes with the car.

Car is located near Orlando Florida. Asking $10,000 for everything. Make offer. If you are a serious Tiger buyer who is looking for a nice car to restore, this may be the one for you. Pictures of the car are at http://www.lakefrontflorida.com/tiger/index.html . Email me at [email protected] for more details.


$10K for a complete (allbeit taken apart) authenticated Tiger! Put it together and turn it for $40K all day long.
Patrick McHugh
Posts: 4163
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by Patrick McHugh »

Ugh
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Thanks for the heads up Duke, really! :D
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

This will be gone within the next few hours, that is for sure.
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

I like bubbles
Last edited by Duke on Oct 19, 2011 10:18 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Mark in Toronto
Posts: 2442
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
Location: Toronto

Post by Mark in Toronto »

That's probably why the guy has given up on the car and therefore is asking $10k for a box of parts. :laugh:
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Duke wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:I'm just going to leave these links here.
Not gonna argue prices. To many factors to include authentication, rust and not knowing what you have till you tear it apart.

I am sticking with my $40K value. Mine is insured at $60K and have been told by several, that may be a little low.

So Moose, you gonna buy it or just throwing shit?
I didn't comment with my links at all, why are you trying to start shit?
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Moose rocks
Last edited by Duke on Oct 19, 2011 10:18 AM, edited 1 time in total.
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

God almighty, when will this crap stop.

Duke, you said "put it together and sell it for $40k [all] day long," thus implying that every complete Tiger is worth $40k. I wouldn argue that YOURS is worth that, but YOU made the blanket statement.

Paul simply showed a fairly nice example that is well within your "complete" assessment that sold for a hell of a lot less than $40k. No commentary was neccessary, he was simply pointing out that your value system was flawed.

No shit flinging here, I would take a tiger if someone gave one to me.
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Actually Skip, I think he is close on the value. The black one has too many questions and may take another $5k to put right from sitting. I'm sure the purchaser was willing to take that risk.
Duke wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:I didn't comment with my links at all, why are you trying to start shit?
You started it. Don't act as stupid as you look. :laugh: :laugh:
Get your head out of your ass and see if you can follow the logic. Look at the price of the BaT ebay car and the description. That was a super weak ad and the car still ended at almost $30k with 0 authentication offered up. All he posted wad 13 tiny blurry pics with no underbody pics and just one of the engine bay. Now contrast this with a car that is being sold by the owner who has everything and a spare engine, there will be no rusty surprises, and it has been authenticated. You could probably put the car together in the span of a few weeks and flip it for your estimate. I agree with you, you dumbass, don't you get that?

I post relevant Tiger related info supporting your position in one of your trolling spam threads and you give me guff? Like I said, why are you trying to start shit?
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

mooseheadm5 wrote:I agree with you, you dumbass, don't you get that?
OK....I get it. Little on the slow side this morning, need coffee.

Sorry for the salvo.


Carry on folks, nothing to see here.
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

mooseheadm5 wrote:Actually Skip, I think he is close on the value. The black one has too many questions and may take another $5k to put right from sitting. I'm sure the purchaser was willing to take that risk.
I didn't comment on the value of the one in the boxes. I only chimed in to try to help Duke understand the only shit-flinging was done by him. I agree that your links actually backed up his position, not started an argument. :beer:
T_C_D
Posts: 7733
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Contact:

Post by T_C_D »

I think we are nearing the end of Duke's Tiger obsession. The car is mostly finished. He'll get bored and buy a new project. Right Duke? What's next?
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

T_C_D wrote:I think we are nearing the end of Duke's Tiger obsession. The car is mostly finished. He'll get bored and buy a new project. Right Duke? What's next?
There always has to be a new project for someone like Duke (I'm that way, too.) I twin turbo tiger, or maybe hand a supercharger on it.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

T_C_D wrote:I think we are nearing the end of Duke's Tiger obsession. The car is mostly finished. He'll get bored and buy a new project. Right Duke? What's next?
Nope....much more to do with the Tiger. 5 Speed conversion, bigger wheel/brakes, maybe some juice, line lock....etc.

A DB5 would be cool, would have to be in addition to the Tiger though.

As far as "new" project.....it will most likely fly, with me in it.
Last edited by Duke on Oct 19, 2011 10:28 AM, edited 2 times in total.
T_C_D
Posts: 7733
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Contact:

Post by T_C_D »

mooseheadm5 wrote:
T_C_D wrote:I think we are nearing the end of Duke's Tiger obsession. The car is mostly finished. He'll get bored and buy a new project. Right Duke? What's next?
There always has to be a new project for someone like Duke (I'm that way, too.) I twin turbo tiger, or maybe hand a supercharger on it.
It's already over powered. I doubt he installs a power adder. I see it on ebay within a year.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

T_C_D wrote:I see it on ebay within a year.
Never will be seen on ebay. If I ever decide to sell, I have a stack of business cards with individuals interested. The M535i sold within two hours at my asking price, the same will happen with the Tiger.
Cactus
Posts: 4991
Joined: Jun 06, 2010
Location: Dayton, OH

Post by Cactus »

I wish I were unemployed, then I'd have time for a project like this. Then again, not having a job sucks.
davintosh
Posts: 13965
Joined: Jan 28, 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Post by davintosh »

It's pretty amazing what a Tiger is worth compared to a lowly Alpine. A gal I work with (Laurie) has a rust-free Alpine sitting in her shed (it's been there for about 10 years) and another guy from work (Greg) is trading her even-money for an old boat he has. The car was repainted not long before it was tucked away, was running at the time, has almost an entire car's worth of spare parts thrown in for good measure, but is going to need a lot of work to get back on the road. The boat that's involved in the trade was up for sale earlier this year but nobody was interested in it at $1,500. Greg is getting a heck of a deal.

Would've been a hoot to buy that car & put something like an S14 in it, then paint it orange & black and put a Tigger nameplate on it. Just to get a rise out of the purists! ;)
Mike W.
Posts: 27988
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

davintosh wrote: Would've been a hoot to buy that car & put something like an S14 in it, then paint it orange & black and put a Tigger nameplate on it. Just to get a rise out of the purists! ;)
Very good, I like the way you think. :laugh:
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

C'mon Duke, buy it! I know you've got 10k and tons of spare parts lying around.
With your virility and vast knowledge this thing would come together in a month.
I feel you owe it to us. Show the way and take up the reins oh fearless leader!
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

Image
Mab1957
Posts: 2262
Joined: May 14, 2010
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Post by Mab1957 »

oldskool wrote:C'mon Duke, buy it! I know you've got 10k and tons of spare parts lying around.
With your virility and vast knowledge this thing would come together in a month.
I feel you owe it to us. Show the way and take up the reins oh fearless leader!
Yah! His-n-Hers or Red&Black a la Roulette wheel. Do it if it isn't already gone.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

Com'on guys, if you're going to start talking crap at least don't delete your posts after you realize you are in the wrong or just hadn't had your morning coffee yet. You still argued your point. Plus you're already quoted.

I'm not going to name names here...


Image
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Duke wrote: As far as "new" project.....it will most likely fly, with me in it.
AWRIGHT! Duke's gettin' a circus cannon!

Image
Post Reply