Best E28 Accessory Ever?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Capital
Posts: 92
Joined: Mar 19, 2009

Best E28 Accessory Ever?

Post by Capital »

Image

I remember these from when I was a kid and have been looking everywhere for one. Tried online a couple local places that sell quirky stuff, no luck. Today I was meandering around an army surplus store and there they were. Couldn't believe it. Package was marked 1994 with copyright dates going back to 1980. It even has the, "Need Help Call Police" lettering on the otherside!
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

Very Miami Vice! :up:
Danielsan
Posts: 231
Joined: Jan 25, 2010
Location: Lawrence,ks

Post by Danielsan »

I probably have the same brand. Mine have sail boats on it.
L_N_Love
Posts: 4106
Joined: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Richmond VA

Post by L_N_Love »

You're kidding...right?
Mike in Seattle
Posts: 1562
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Maple Valley, WA

Post by Mike in Seattle »

I have one of these.

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=83 ... sc&start=0

I probably spent a little more than you did, put they are a perfect fit and super nice! ;)
tschultz
Posts: 4157
Joined: Mar 01, 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Post by tschultz »

I have one with the blue sunglasses and need help writing on the back.
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Re: Best E28 Accessory Ever?

Post by Kyle in NO »

Capital wrote:Image

I remember these from when I was a kid and have been looking everywhere for one. Tried online a couple local places that sell quirky stuff, no luck. Today I was meandering around an army surplus store and there they were. Couldn't believe it. Package was marked 1994 with copyright dates going back to 1980. It even has the, "Need Help Call Police" lettering on the otherside!
Oh shit, can you get moar of them??!?

I really want one!
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22376
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

I've got one in my '94 Camry. :)
m5chaser83
Posts: 522
Joined: May 05, 2010
Location: san rafael ca

Post by m5chaser83 »

I have on from bank of america 1992 its got sunglasses on it.
skaper
Posts: 534
Joined: Jun 03, 2011
Location: Bridge City, Oregon

Post by skaper »

:alright:
uter
Posts: 143
Joined: Aug 09, 2011
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Post by uter »

I'd like a sunshade like this
Image
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

Shawn D. wrote:I've got one in my '94 Camry. :)
You're confessing to owning a '94 Camry?

;)
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

rmiddendorf wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:I've got one in my '94 Camry. :)
You're confessing to owning a '94 Camry?

;)
Ooo. Now you done it.
I've heard it's stanced with an Apple sticker in the window.
Xenocide
Posts: 3370
Joined: Jun 08, 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post by Xenocide »

rmiddendorf wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:I've got one in my '94 Camry. :)
You're confessing to owning a '94 Camry?

;)
A buddy of mine had a 91 Camry when we were in high school. Best car in the world. The thing cost like a few hundred bucks, and as such, it was beat to hell and back. It was a 5 speed, but the clutch was almost completely gone, it had a bad starter solenoid so we had to bump start it 9 times out of 10, the ignition switch was dead so we wired in a radio shack lighted switch with a huge red safety cover and a start button. It was an absolute turd, but we could cram 5 people in it and get around town. :D

One summer we pulled the doors off it an cruised around like that. I think it was the most fun I've ever had in a car. I just remember trips to and from Home Depot (we were building a shifter cart in another friend's garage). We'd load the trunk with materials, then 4 guys would hop out, get it going pretty fast, and then a quick chirp of the tires when he popped the clutch. Then it was a mad scramble to get back in. Good times... :)
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22376
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

rmiddendorf wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:I've got one in my '94 Camry. :)
You're confessing to owning a '94 Camry?

;)
Yes, and it's Bronzit-like in color, to boot!
Mab1957
Posts: 2262
Joined: May 14, 2010
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Post by Mab1957 »

Image
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

Rarest accessory part available for the Euro E28, Official's vehicle, part numbers 72161900443 and 72161900444.

Image
TurboChris
Posts: 894
Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Location: Costa Mesa, CA

Post by TurboChris »

Pretty hilarious visual :laugh:


[/quote]
One summer we pulled the doors off it an cruised around like that. I think it was the most fun I've ever had in a car. I just remember trips to and from Home Depot (we were building a shifter cart in another friend's garage). We'd load the trunk with materials, then 4 guys would hop out, get it going pretty fast, and then a quick chirp of the tires when he popped the clutch. Then it was a mad scramble to get back in. Good times... :)[/quote]
mechacode
Posts: 692
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Wi

Post by mechacode »

uter wrote:I'd like a sunshade like this
Image
I want one!
Capital
Posts: 92
Joined: Mar 19, 2009

Re: Best E28 Accessory Ever?

Post by Capital »

Kyle in NO wrote:
Capital wrote: I remember these from when I was a kid and have been looking everywhere for one. Tried online a couple local places that sell quirky stuff, no luck. Today I was meandering around an army surplus store and there they were. Couldn't believe it. Package was marked 1994 with copyright dates going back to 1980. It even has the, "Need Help Call Police" lettering on the otherside!
Oh shit, can you get moar of them??!?

I really want one!
I had a feeling someone would appreciate these as much as I did. I have one extra. Shoot me your address and I'll send it to you.
e281985
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mar 23, 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

Post by e281985 »

I have one with the blue sunglasses and need help writing on the back.
I do too! I thought I was the only one. :alright:
Post Reply