WTB:M30B35 Crankshaft

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Post Reply
aaronsautowerks
Posts: 345
Joined: Dec 17, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Contact:

WTB:M30B35 Crankshaft

Post by aaronsautowerks »

Just thought I'd check here before going the fleabay route.
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

ETK shows the same crank for B34 and B35 engines. FYI.
aaronsautowerks
Posts: 345
Joined: Dec 17, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Contact:

Post by aaronsautowerks »

I believe the original B35 castings were lighter.
ahab
Posts: 6224
Joined: Jun 11, 2006
Location: Chalfont, PA

Post by ahab »

According to Paul Burke in a conversation we had a few months ago, early B35 blocks and cranks were superior. I believe he said cranks were lighter and blocks were more durable. The way to identify the block is a 45 degree slanted bump on the bottom edge of the passenger side, 3/4th's the way back along the oil pan flange (lousy description but unmistakeable if you have it). E24/E28 mounting bosses were another indicator but he stressed the 45 degree thing. I don't know how to identify the crank but I believe if you have the block you have the crank. I can take a picture when I get home.

HTH

Edited with photo for archival purposes

Image
Last edited by ahab on Aug 31, 2011 9:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.
aaronsautowerks
Posts: 345
Joined: Dec 17, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Contact:

Post by aaronsautowerks »

ahab wrote:According to Paul Burke in a conversation we had a few months ago, early B35 blocks and cranks were superior. I believe he said cranks were lighter and blocks were more durable. The way to identify the block is a 45 degree slanted bump on the bottom edge of the passenger side, 3/4th's the way back along the oil pan flange (lousy description but unmistakeable if you have it). E24/E28 mounting bosses were another indicator but he stressed the 45 degree thing. I don't know how to identify the crank but I believe if you have the block you have the crank. I can take a picture when I get home.

HTH
A picture would be very helpful as someone offered a crank that is still in an e24 block.
aaronsautowerks
Posts: 345
Joined: Dec 17, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Contact:

Found

Post by aaronsautowerks »

I found the elusive light weight B35 crank. Thanks to all who responded! Next on my list are custom Mr. Burke pistons...
Post Reply