535is seat bottom shifting

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

535is seat bottom shifting

Post by AntonyR »

There have been a few threads about seats rocking, and the answers were to tighten the frame bolts. In my case, when accelerating or decelerating, as your weight shifts, the seat bottom slightly shifts forward or back. It's not a bolt. I can reach down and feel it pivot, and it's a big rivet on one of the hinge points in the front- I guess that hole must now be oblong instead of round and the rivet is wobbling. There must be others who have or had this problem. I was thinking about getting a few short shoulder bolts, drilling the hole out slightly to match the bolt and replacing the rivets. Anyone else do some kind of fix to yours?
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

...why do I find this disturbing?

You shit on the smartest guys here(excluding myself) and then go on about your problems and ask questions like nothing happened. No apologies, just more questions for you and your car issues. Pretty obvious that you still don't get it. Smarten up, get your shit together, lose your ego, make amends...then ask questions. Meantime, don't hold your breath.

Fascinating.
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

Post by AntonyR »

Shut.
The.
Fuck.
Up.
And.
Piss.
Off.
And if "Shitting on" is defending myself, then yes, I'm going to go on going that.
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

:argue: Is this tread going to turn into another Sh*t Storm? :argue:
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

Post by AntonyR »

Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote::argue: Is this tread going to turn into another Sh*t Storm? :argue:
Any grown-ups that want to continue an intelligent conversation, only about what the thread is about, then let's continue. If you're only here to provoke a fight, then I guess you'll be right, sadly. (Mark, I'm not referring to you. Hopefully you see what is wrong here, as I do)
Last edited by AntonyR on Aug 20, 2011 8:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

I know the answer to this.
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

AntonyR wrote:
Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote::argue: Is this tread going to turn into another Sh*t Storm? :argue:
Any grown-ups that want to continue an intelligent conversation, only about what the thread is about, then let's continue. If you're only here to provoke a fight, then I guess you'll be right, sadly.
Not trying to provoke anything; I have been around long enough to know that the "Internet Ego" contests never end well. I come here for comradeship as much as I do learn and share my knowledge about these cars and much, much more.
Take that however you want.
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

Post by AntonyR »

Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote:
AntonyR wrote:
Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote::argue: Is this tread going to turn into another Sh*t Storm? :argue:
Any grown-ups that want to continue an intelligent conversation, only about what the thread is about, then let's continue. If you're only here to provoke a fight, then I guess you'll be right, sadly.
Not trying to provoke anything; I have been around long enough to know that the "Internet Ego" contests never end well. I come here for comradeship as much as I do learn and share my knowledge about these cars and much, much more.
Take that however you want.
Please re-read the edited post above. You'll see I meant no offense to you and I want to think we're here for the same reasons.
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

I'd like one of the mods to contact me please. I've asked for the PM's from this poster to stop 3 times. He's interfering with some business I'm trying to conduct with another member, and filling my inbox with threats.

Thanks
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

Post by AntonyR »

TSMacNeil wrote:I'd like one of the mods to contact me please. I've asked for the PM's from this poster to stop 3 times. He's interfering with some business I'm trying to conduct with another member, and filling my inbox with threats.

Thanks
State exactly the business that I'm interfering with, along with the long list of threats. If you can't show proof, then stop acting superior, sling blade.
Last edited by AntonyR on Aug 20, 2011 9:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

TSMacNeil wrote:I'd like one of the mods to contact me please. I've asked for the PM's from this poster to stop 3 times. He's interfering with some business I'm trying to conduct with another member, and filling my inbox with threats.

Thanks
Hmmm :facepalm:
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

They can read all the PM's...but you knew that.
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

Post by AntonyR »

TSMacNeil wrote:They can read all the PM's...but you knew that.
Yup. Show everyone. And I'll show yours.
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

Post by AntonyR »

I want you to show everyone here any PM that I threaten you physically. If you can't, shut the fuck up and stop provoking me.
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

:roll:

Leave me alone. I'm busy buying ECU's...thanks

I'm sorry I tied to appeal to you to get along better here. From now on, just silence from me. Happy trails.

I'm out.
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

Post by AntonyR »

Well? The world is waiting.... :nopity: Huh. Guess I called you out and you were proven to be every bit the troublemaker you appear to be. Yes please, stay "out".
AntonyR
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2011
Location: SoCal

Post by AntonyR »

TSMacNeil wrote:..and filling my inbox with threats.

Thanks
:rofl:
Post Reply