Complete M30B34 178k Bottom End 40k On Head

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Post Reply
sbeckman7
Posts: 560
Joined: May 27, 2010
Location: Marin, California

Complete M30B34 178k Bottom End 40k On Head

Post by sbeckman7 »

Hey everyone,

This is the B34 that came out of the 1985 535i I parted for my car project. If you've seen the thread you'll know I'm selling this one in favor of an M70 V12, so hopefully this will help someone else. I bought it the car May 29th 2010 and heard it run perfectly before making the deal since the engine was originally the main reason I wanted the car. The car was owned by an enthusiast beforehand who had the car since '88 and put a lot of money into it. The bottom end has 178k on it but the top end had been rebuilt by his dealership (poor wallet) due to a ticking noise that drove him up the wall; apparently one of the rockers was imperfectly cast and had a lip on it that was responsible for the noise. There are now 40k miles on the head, and the pictures show it. The only flaw with it is a crack and sketchy seal-repair on the oil pan. It was quite lowered...

It comes with everything that was attached to it in the car except the A/C and PS pump. This includes the stock headers, fan/clutch, and complete engine wiring harness. If you have a question of anything that's included just ask.

I'm asking 175, local pickup.

As it sits now:
Image

Just after I pulled it out (comes with all this stuff):
Image

The Head:
Image
Last edited by sbeckman7 on May 17, 2011 10:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.
sbeckman7
Posts: 560
Joined: May 27, 2010
Location: Marin, California

Post by sbeckman7 »

bump
tsmall07
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 12775
Joined: May 22, 2006
Location: Springfield, vA

Post by tsmall07 »

:roll:
sbeckman7
Posts: 560
Joined: May 27, 2010
Location: Marin, California

Post by sbeckman7 »

With the less than encouraging smiley, the absence of a job, and the need for money, 175 picked up.
wickahead
Posts: 655
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Fairfax, CA

Post by wickahead »

sbeckman7
Posts: 560
Joined: May 27, 2010
Location: Marin, California

Post by sbeckman7 »

WOW thanks Mark! Now I really need some money!
sbeckman7
Posts: 560
Joined: May 27, 2010
Location: Marin, California

Post by sbeckman7 »

bumpidy bump
sbeckman7
Posts: 560
Joined: May 27, 2010
Location: Marin, California

Post by sbeckman7 »

sold
Franchise
Posts: 233
Joined: Sep 16, 2008
Location: Bay Area Cali

Post by Franchise »

dang! this is exactly what i needed for the girlfriends 535...
Post Reply