Bra from a 70's bimmer

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Alfonso Bedoya
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Location: Van Isle, B.C. Canada

Bra from a 70's bimmer

Post by Alfonso Bedoya »

Have any of you guys put em on during bug season/camping? I'm going to check one out wondering about fitment, unsure of the model it came from...we shall see..
Cactus
Posts: 4991
Joined: Jun 06, 2010
Location: Dayton, OH

Post by Cactus »

I think car bras look awful. If you want to protect your paint enough to do that, perhaps you should be a little less cheap and pay for paint repairs every now and then.
Nanajoth
Posts: 1554
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: TX

Post by Nanajoth »

Wait until you get grit stuck in it and it sands your paint for you. Just wash the bugs off.
Alfonso Bedoya
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Location: Van Isle, B.C. Canada

Post by Alfonso Bedoya »

It's only for highway travel dragonflies do mega damage...don't worry I'd only put it on for the long distance summer trips.
Dinan e28
Posts: 3343
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Portland Oregon
Contact:

Post by Dinan e28 »

Don't expect a bra from a e12 to help. It will fit bad and rub chunks of your paint off. Enjoy :)
Fuel
Posts: 632
Joined: Nov 20, 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Post by Fuel »

Find a tint place that can put "speed film" as i call it on your car, its just clear film that you can get on the front of your car to protect from those everything, from rocks to dragonflies.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

Cactus wrote:I think car bras look awful. If you want to protect your paint enough to do that, perhaps you should be a little less cheap and pay for paint repairs every now and then.
x2.
Karl Grau
Posts: 9742
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: 1930's Germany

Post by Karl Grau »

I have a full bra for sale.
3rd item down in this old thread.

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=78032
Alfonso Bedoya
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Location: Van Isle, B.C. Canada

Post by Alfonso Bedoya »

WOW that truly is the Mormon version, got any pics with it on? Does the thing separate at all? Like I mean from the hood to the bumper? kinda thing?n Thanks in advance. The one I looked at yesterday was crap shredded an for a e12, some crack head bitch who's address was 420 in the shady side of town....felt gross just parking in front of her place! :puke:
Post Reply