E34 M30B35 Motronic 1.3 25 Pin Connector Pinout

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

E34 M30B35 Motronic 1.3 25 Pin Connector Pinout

Post by derrith »

Helped Jay3 out with making a b35 harness for his car this past weekend. He ended up having a 25 pin harness so we did the pinout.

pin 1: Blue/White Oil Level Static
pin 2: Blue/Yellow Oil Level Dynamic
*pin 3: Red/White 12v ABS Power
pin 4: Not Used
*pin 5: Black/Grey Pressure Switch Compressor Relay
*pin 6: Black/Blue Auxiliary Fan (ECU Aux Fan On Alert)
*pin 7: Black/Violet Driveaway Protection from OBC
pin 8: Gray Check Engine Light
*pin 9: Green/Blue Not Used
*pin 10: Brown/Black Transmission Park/Neutral (Lets the ECU know when you're in Park/Neutral)
*pin 11: Brown/Yellow Ground For Temp Sender Gauge
pin 12: Brown/Violet Coolant Temp Sender Gauge
pin 13: Green/Violet Fuel Pump Relay
*pin 14: Black/White Vehicle Speed Signal
pin 15: Black
pin 16: Tan/White
pin 17: White/Violet
pin 18: Black/Yellow Starter Terminal 50
pin 19: White/Green Service Indicator to SI board
pin 20: Black Engine Speed (RPM)
pin 21: Green Ignition
pin 22: Green/White o2 sensor relay
pin 23: Brown/Green Oil Pressure Switch
pin 24: White/Black Present Rate Fuel Output
pin 25: Blue Alternator

That's everything you need and a few more things I tracked down.

EDIT: 4/29 Updated to include all functions. Asterisk'd entries are not necessary for an e28.
Last edited by derrith on Jan 21, 2011 1:38 PM, edited 2 times in total.
CSBolger
Posts: 3485
Joined: Nov 27, 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA

Post by CSBolger »

:brickwall:
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by derrith »

CSBolger wrote::brickwall:
?
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Post by ElGuappo »

It really wasn't that hard. (says the guy with the iron)

Took more time soldering and heat shrinking than working out the pinouts...

Thanks Logan!
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by derrith »

Hadn't been confirmed for m30s as well. I confirmed it.
balticblau
Posts: 116
Joined: Jan 29, 2009
Location: nor cal, bay area

Post by balticblau »

I love you guys!!
Brad D.
Posts: 10735
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Post by Brad D. »

Good info. Too bad I haven't gotten around to finishing my addition to the FAQ. My trip to Korea and life have gotten in the way.
misha
Posts: 685
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Diego, ca
Contact:

Post by misha »

Thanks for the info.
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by derrith »

Big Bronze Rim wrote:Good info. Too bad I haven't gotten around to finishing my addition to the FAQ. My trip to Korea and life have gotten in the way.
I know you'd been busy Brad, so when I had an opportunity to take care of it, I figured I would and spare you the tireless hour going through the ETM.
Manny D.
Posts: 1900
Joined: Oct 19, 2007
Location: Hayward, 94542

Post by Manny D. »

Now If we can just figure out the damn pinout for the 4hp22eh c238 plug (White) in the glove box next to the ecu to the E34 tranny plug that is black with 8 pins.. :brickwall: :help: :comp:

Im so close but there is a wire or two fu*king me..

Here is what I have so far:
http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=74034&highlight=
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by derrith »

Bump for completed pinout. Making another harness and tracked all the wires down.
The Don
Posts: 228
Joined: Sep 17, 2007

Post by The Don »

Need some help guys. So I was comparing my research of the ETM for a 91 535i to the one Derrith has posted and I could not find Pin 8.

Pin 8 is: Gray Check Engine Light - according to Derrith.

Instead I found Pin 12 twice and on the first occasion it was a gray wire leading to the Check Engline Light. Check picture.

Image

The second time I found Pin 12 it was for the Coolant Temp Sensor, it was brown/violet.

That matches what Derrith posted for pin 12 ; pin 12: Brown/Violet Coolant Temp Sender Gauge.

I also found Pin 11 spliced(?) with Pin 12, and that went to the other side of the temperature sensor. According to Derrith it is the ground for the Coolant Temp and seems to make sense. Check picture.

Image
The Don
Posts: 228
Joined: Sep 17, 2007

Post by The Don »

Still looking for input. Was it a mistake on whoever copied the ETM?
demetk
Posts: 8433
Joined: Aug 09, 2007
Location: CT, USA

Post by demetk »

The Don wrote:Still looking for input. Was it a mistake on whoever copied the ETM?
Are you referring to the diagnostic link? I see a 20 pin connector in the ETM for the 91. What model uses a 25 pin connector?
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

the later ones
The Don
Posts: 228
Joined: Sep 17, 2007

Post by The Don »

demetk wrote:
The Don wrote:Still looking for input. Was it a mistake on whoever copied the ETM?
Are you referring to the diagnostic link? I see a 20 pin connector in the ETM for the 91. What model uses a 25 pin connector?
Late 90 I think after september into 91 use the 25pin. I think that's what the ETM said.
demetk
Posts: 8433
Joined: Aug 09, 2007
Location: CT, USA

Post by demetk »

The Don wrote:
demetk wrote:
The Don wrote:Still looking for input. Was it a mistake on whoever copied the ETM?
Are you referring to the diagnostic link? I see a 20 pin connector in the ETM for the 91. What model uses a 25 pin connector?
Late 90 I think after september into 91 use the 25pin. I think that's what the ETM said.
Weird. The 91 e34 ETM shows a 20 pin layout:

Image
The Don
Posts: 228
Joined: Sep 17, 2007

Post by The Don »

That's the diagnostic connector. X6002, it says in the top left hand.

The X20 connector is 25-pin and plugs into the fusebox connector.
demetk
Posts: 8433
Joined: Aug 09, 2007
Location: CT, USA

Post by demetk »

The Don wrote:That's the diagnostic connector. X6002, it says in the top left hand.

The X20 connector is 25-pin and plugs into the fusebox connector.
oops. Sorry about that.
Post Reply