I noticed over the past couple weeks that i have a brake fluid leak which can be seen by the puddle under the brake master cylinder. There has been no effect on the braking performance. It seems to be leaking after the car has been sitting for a while eg 3 hours. Ive also noticed a black seal that had come off that was under the master cylinder. Could someone please give me some advice.
Gotta ask, brake fluid or ATF from hydro- boost leaking.? ATF is purple and smells oily. BF is yellow and smells bitter.
If it is BF, Krieger is right, find the leak and fix it.
If it is dripping out between the master and booster then you need to rebuld you master. I am pretty sure rebuild kits are or were available through BMW, I have held on in my hands before.
Do not drive your car with an unresolved brake hydraulic concern, thank you.