subframe bushings..

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
fries_man
Posts: 218
Joined: Jul 06, 2007
Location: Ventura California

subframe bushings..

Post by fries_man »

Well I finally cut them out, took forever, but on the installation of the new bushings i lubed them up with soapy water and began jacking them up with a floor jack and blocks of wood, but now they seem to be stuck half way in the subframe and halfway out.
Pushing them in only jacks the car up further than my jackstands.
Some input please?
south26
Posts: 6374
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: Kettering, OH

Post by south26 »

The way that I did it was to run a chain under the subframe and wrap it around my jack this way when I jacked up the chain pulled down and pushed up. Now with the chain I found that the size that is used for hitches will fit, any bigger will not fit between the subframe and the body. Good luck

Andy
fries_man
Posts: 218
Joined: Jul 06, 2007
Location: Ventura California

Post by fries_man »

ah awesome, thanks i got the bushings in now those damn pitman arm links wont come off!!! :cry:
Post Reply