Welded O2 sensor

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
cspringer
Posts: 164
Joined: Jun 04, 2007
Location: Atlanta

Welded O2 sensor

Post by cspringer »

My o2 sensor is welded on for some reason. Maybe the threads were worn. I don't know. I can't I get it off obviously. I have to take it somewhere to get the new one fitted, does anyone know of a good place in Atlanta? I'll probably just contact Steve he's only about 30 miles from me but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
turbodan
Posts: 9705
Joined: Jan 09, 2007

Post by turbodan »

Could cut it off with a Dremel. Then you can take a look at the threads and see if they're good enough to thread a new sensor into.
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

You could have a shop weld in a new bung close to the original and just leave the welded O2 sensor where it is.
Post Reply