Hello all,
New to the board here and posting my first question, so please don't flame to bad!!!
I have searched this site for a few hours and don't see an answer to my question...
I have a 1983 533i I just purchased and I am about to change the PS Pump...
I got another pump (Vickers) off ebay as mine sounds like the bearing is shot (not sure what my pump is but does not look the same as the Vickers pump)...maybe a ZF?
So I go to order new hoses off autohausaz and see quite a few to chose from...
How many hoses are on this thing? Is question 1.
I see a soft line out of pump and a pressure line too and I see what looks like a non pressure line to the steering box.
Is there a chance that there are incorrect hoses connected to my steering box? question 2
How many pressure hoses should I see? question 3
If you go autohausaz web site, you will see what I am seeing as far as hoses go...thanks[/img]
Power Steering Hoses & Pumps
-
bluebyu64gp
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Nov 13, 2008
- Location: Edgewood, Washington...USA
- Contact:
(3) High Pressure Hoses (expensive, pre-made)
- Pump to Regulator (~$210) 32411132526
- Regulator to Brake Boost (~$60) 34321154618
- Regulator to Steering Box (~ $100) 32411133769
(4) Low Pressure Return/Feed Lines (lower cost, bulk hose of various size)
- Regulator to Reservoir 6x12mm hose
- Brake Booster to Reservoir 8x14mm hose
- Reservoir to Pump 16x22mm hose
- Steering Box to Reservoir 12x18mm hose
I replaced every single high and low pressure hose on my car recently to deal with a number of leaks in the system. Also, their are some smaller 12x18mm hose lines on the cooler lines that I need to replace.
Also, note that these part numbers and lines are for my '85 535i. I think they are the same or similar for a 533i, but you should verify. www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com and www.realoem.com are great places to get the right part numbers and semblance on assembly diagram.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Chuck
- Pump to Regulator (~$210) 32411132526
- Regulator to Brake Boost (~$60) 34321154618
- Regulator to Steering Box (~ $100) 32411133769
(4) Low Pressure Return/Feed Lines (lower cost, bulk hose of various size)
- Regulator to Reservoir 6x12mm hose
- Brake Booster to Reservoir 8x14mm hose
- Reservoir to Pump 16x22mm hose
- Steering Box to Reservoir 12x18mm hose
I replaced every single high and low pressure hose on my car recently to deal with a number of leaks in the system. Also, their are some smaller 12x18mm hose lines on the cooler lines that I need to replace.
Also, note that these part numbers and lines are for my '85 535i. I think they are the same or similar for a 533i, but you should verify. www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com and www.realoem.com are great places to get the right part numbers and semblance on assembly diagram.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Chuck
-
eddycooper
- Posts: 232
- Joined: Sep 08, 2007
- Location: Calgary, AB
The OEM hoses are wicked expensive...
If you are not too much of a purist another option is to go to a local hydraulic shop and let them rebuild your existing lines.
They will take them apart, crimp/clamp new high pressure lines in there, and braze the existing ends on there.
I did this for an E34 touring PS line that was Touring specific and was over $240 new. Got it rebuilt for a little over $100.
Just something to think about.
If you are not too much of a purist another option is to go to a local hydraulic shop and let them rebuild your existing lines.
They will take them apart, crimp/clamp new high pressure lines in there, and braze the existing ends on there.
I did this for an E34 touring PS line that was Touring specific and was over $240 new. Got it rebuilt for a little over $100.
Just something to think about.

