installed new stereo..now OBC and power locks don't work?WTF

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
pete914
Posts: 33
Joined: May 09, 2008

installed new stereo..now OBC and power locks don't work?WTF

Post by pete914 »

I cut the wiring harness out and started new; rewiring new speakers with new speaker wire. I don't see why this would cause the electric door locks and the OBC to stop working. Are there any wires from the OBC to the wiring harness?
The OBC just seems to be backlit now but there are no numbers, etc. The stereo seems to be working perfectly. Even installed a bluetooth adapter that lets me play music from my phone. Pretty sweet.
Anyway, the car already had an aftermarket CD player (poorly wired for that matter). So, I ran power directly from the battery to the deck and the sub amp.
It's an '87 5535is
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks :D
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

Check your fuses.
pete914
Posts: 33
Joined: May 09, 2008

Post by pete914 »

Will do. I'll report back. Should have checked before asking but didn't feel like getting the flashlight out (no garage).
thanks
JohnH
Posts: 739
Joined: Jan 24, 2007
Location: Surrey,UK

Post by JohnH »

The central locking control module is located above the right hand kick panel speaker. Its connector is easily dislodged when removing/fitting the speaker.
You have probably done something similar with the OBC when you have threaded your new wiring.
pete914
Posts: 33
Joined: May 09, 2008

Post by pete914 »

ahhh...I was wondering what that thing was. Above the glove box right?
Anyway, ended up being a fuse. Love it when it's that easy. System sounds sweet!
Post Reply