Brake Upgrades

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
omagicbum
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Mountain View, CA

Brake Upgrades

Post by omagicbum »

This is a question about brake lines.

I have a 528e since I needed to get new brakes, so I got a set of bmw brembo from an 8 series. They are the 4 pot kind. I was wondering for the brake lines would the 528e lines by long enough or should I get the 88 m5 brake lines since they seem to be a bit longer, or if I should get e34 5 series brake lines. I am going to also swap the back to 540i brakes. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

When I've upgraded to E32 or E34 brakes, I've always used new E28 hoses and have had plenty of length.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

I used the UUC stainless lines from an M5. Since the fittings and such are the same, your regular E28 lines will work swimmingly.

Have fun with those brakes. ;)
MarkD in NJ
Posts: 865
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Mount Holly, NJ

Post by MarkD in NJ »

wkohler wrote:I used the UUC stainless lines from an M5.
x2

Was an easy choice for me since I upgraded to M5 brakes. Stock E28 lines had just barely enough slack not to kink at full droop.

Mark
Post Reply