THESE people drive me nutz........

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
ChefShawn
Posts: 2653
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: 94952 Petaluma CA.

THESE people drive me nutz........

Post by ChefShawn »

RetiredDoc
Posts: 1319
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Aiken SC

Post by RetiredDoc »

How about this item currently listed on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 39962&rd=1
franken_e28
Posts: 211
Joined: May 31, 2006

Post by franken_e28 »

RetiredDoc wrote:How about this item currently listed on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 39962&rd=1
:brick:
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

The car in the picture is William's red Euro converted (the proper way) '85 535i. I highly doubt the '85 535i looks close to that car.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

wow. glad im not lookin to buy from him. heres my "question" to the guy on ebay:

"uh... there is no picture, no description, no anything about the car. the price doesnt even seem real. whats the purpose of this ad??"

i hope he answers with a smart ass comment. what a douche.
SD45T-2

Post by SD45T-2 »

why? :argue:
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

stikrz wrote:wow. glad im not lookin to buy from him. heres my "question" to the guy on ebay:

"uh... there is no picture, no description, no anything about the car. the price doesnt even seem real. whats the purpose of this ad??"

i hope he answers with a smart ass comment. what a douche.
It's under the subdivision for "Taillights" ... :roll:

Harkening back to my earliest days operating a computer:

"Read the screen."
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 9142
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Contact:

Re: THESE people drive me nutz........

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

ChefShawn wrote::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:


http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/587928701.html

i'm sure your car is "similar"

:roll:
I wonder if anyone has actually checked this out for Euro bumpers? (which I highly doubt)
tsmall07
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 12775
Joined: May 22, 2006
Location: Springfield, vA

Post by tsmall07 »

C.R. Krieger wrote: It's under the subdivision for "Taillights" ... :roll:

Harkening back to my earliest days operating a computer:

"Read the screen."
So are you saying that its a perfectly reasonable for sale add and there is nothing missing?
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

tsmall07 wrote:
C.R. Krieger wrote: It's under the subdivision for "Taillights" ... :roll:

Harkening back to my earliest days operating a computer:

"Read the screen."
So are you saying that its a perfectly reasonable for sale add and there is nothing missing?
i double checked it and i still didnt see anything.... i know what shit looks like on a computer thanks!
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

I'm gonna guess you're not familiar with the "Shift" key. You should have two. One in an easy-to-reach spot and a backup on the right side of the keyboard. If I received an e-mail that had improper capitalization, I'd ignore it. I received 23 e-mails when I advertised the E21 and only 11 of them knew how to use a computer and apparently read the entire advertisement. Amazingly, the first person to respond was one of those and he bought the car.
DiLLiGaF - IA
Posts: 1091
Joined: Nov 22, 2006

Re: THESE people drive me nutz........

Post by DiLLiGaF - IA »

Nebraska_e28 wrote:
ChefShawn wrote::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:


http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/587928701.html

i'm sure your car is "similar"

:roll:
I wonder if anyone has actually checked this out for Euro bumpers? (which I highly doubt)
Thats what I was thinking, what if? Maybe he doesn't know he has a euro spec e28? I highly doubt it, but if I was in that area I would call to find out.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

wkohler wrote:I'm gonna guess you're not familiar with the "Shift" key. You should have two. One in an easy-to-reach spot and a backup on the right side of the keyboard. If I received an e-mail that had improper capitalization, I'd ignore it. I received 23 e-mails when I advertised the E21 and only 11 of them knew how to use a computer and apparently read the entire advertisement. Amazingly, the first person to respond was one of those and he bought the car.
are you still talkin about the ebay ad or craigslist?
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:I'm gonna guess you're not familiar with the "Shift" key. You should have two. One in an easy-to-reach spot and a backup on the right side of the keyboard. If I received an e-mail that had improper capitalization, I'd ignore it. I received 23 e-mails when I advertised the E21 and only 11 of them knew how to use a computer and apparently read the entire advertisement. Amazingly, the first person to respond was one of those and he bought the car.
are you still talkin about the ebay ad or craigslist?
I'm talking about your response to the ad and apparently every post you've had thus far.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

wkohler wrote:
stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:I'm gonna guess you're not familiar with the "Shift" key. You should have two. One in an easy-to-reach spot and a backup on the right side of the keyboard. If I received an e-mail that had improper capitalization, I'd ignore it. I received 23 e-mails when I advertised the E21 and only 11 of them knew how to use a computer and apparently read the entire advertisement. Amazingly, the first person to respond was one of those and he bought the car.
are you still talkin about the ebay ad or craigslist?
I'm talking about your response to the ad and apparently every post you've had thus far.
there was no information on the ebay ad. none at all. whats the problem?
magicandmischief182
Posts: 856
Joined: Apr 20, 2006
Location: Athens, GA

Post by magicandmischief182 »

tsmall07
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 12775
Joined: May 22, 2006
Location: Springfield, vA

Post by tsmall07 »

stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:
stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:I'm gonna guess you're not familiar with the "Shift" key. You should have two. One in an easy-to-reach spot and a backup on the right side of the keyboard. If I received an e-mail that had improper capitalization, I'd ignore it. I received 23 e-mails when I advertised the E21 and only 11 of them knew how to use a computer and apparently read the entire advertisement. Amazingly, the first person to respond was one of those and he bought the car.
are you still talkin about the ebay ad or craigslist?
I'm talking about your response to the ad and apparently every post you've had thus far.

there was no information on the ebay ad. none at all. whats the problem?
He's being a dick and commenting on the fact that you rarely capitalize proper nouns and the beginnings of sentences...

Hey Chris, to put it in your words "go screw yourself"... :roll:
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

i asked ole boy for a pic just to see what he says
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

tsmall07 wrote:
stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:
stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:I'm gonna guess you're not familiar with the "Shift" key. You should have two. One in an easy-to-reach spot and a backup on the right side of the keyboard. If I received an e-mail that had improper capitalization, I'd ignore it. I received 23 e-mails when I advertised the E21 and only 11 of them knew how to use a computer and apparently read the entire advertisement. Amazingly, the first person to respond was one of those and he bought the car.
thanks for the defense. and i know how to use the wonderful shift button. i choose to be lazy and use all lower case letters. i dont care about shit like proper sentence structure and stuff because its not important on a forum. in my school i work at it is, so i use it. i will continue to type in lower case cause its faster and i simply dont care. to the guys who care: get over it!

are you still talkin about the ebay ad or craigslist?
I'm talking about your response to the ad and apparently every post you've had thus far.

there was no information on the ebay ad. none at all. whats the problem?
He's being a dick and commenting on the fact that you rarely capitalize proper nouns and the beginnings of sentences...

Hey Chris, to put it in your words "go screw yourself"... :roll:
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

tsmall07 wrote:
stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:
stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:I'm gonna guess you're not familiar with the "Shift" key. You should have two. One in an easy-to-reach spot and a backup on the right side of the keyboard. If I received an e-mail that had improper capitalization, I'd ignore it. I received 23 e-mails when I advertised the E21 and only 11 of them knew how to use a computer and apparently read the entire advertisement. Amazingly, the first person to respond was one of those and he bought the car.
thanks for the defense. and i know how to use the wonderful shift button. i choose to be lazy and use all lower case letters. i dont care about shit like proper sentence structure and stuff because its not important on a forum. in my school i work at it is, so i use it. i will continue to type in lower case cause its faster and i simply dont care. to the guys who care: get over it!

are you still talkin about the ebay ad or craigslist?
I'm talking about your response to the ad and apparently every post you've had thus far.

there was no information on the ebay ad. none at all. whats the problem?
He's being a dick and commenting on the fact that you rarely capitalize proper nouns and the beginnings of sentences...

Hey Chris, to put it in your words "go screw yourself"... :roll:
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

thanks for the defense. and i know how to use the wonderful shift button. i choose to be lazy and use all lower case letters. i dont care about shit like proper sentence structure and stuff because its not important on a forum. in my school i work at it is, so i use it. i will continue to type in lower case cause its faster and i simply dont care. to the guys who care: get over it!
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

stikrz wrote:thanks for the defense. and i know how to use the wonderful shift button. i choose to be lazy and use all lower case letters. i dont care about shit like proper sentence structure and stuff because its not important on a forum. in my school i work at it is, so i use it. i will continue to type in lower case cause its faster and i simply dont care. to the guys who care: get over it!
So, apparently, your leisure time acquaintances who would like to be able to read and understand what you are saying matter less to you than your coworkers. OK; that's fair enough, even though we have asked you to help us out in getting along with you.

To those who might not get hired by some old perfectionist like me because you never learned to write properly when you should: Get over it!
magicandmischief182
Posts: 856
Joined: Apr 20, 2006
Location: Athens, GA

Post by magicandmischief182 »

Lucky number three. :roll:
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Tyler - you're wrong.

I was trying to tell this person who doesn't capitalize anything that sending an e-mail that has improper grammar won't accomplish anything - especially if the person on the other end has brains. It makes it look like you don't take any pride in your ideas.

Then again, who cares if people put anything in their ad about the car. The only thing that pisses me off is when people use someone else's photograph without their permission. Why should I care whether or not the seller puts in information that might help sell their car?
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

wkohler wrote:Tyler - you're wrong.

I was trying to tell this person who doesn't capitalize anything that sending an e-mail that has improper grammar won't accomplish anything - especially if the person on the other end has brains. It makes it look like you don't take any pride in your ideas.

Then again, who cares if people put anything in their ad about the car. The only thing that pisses me off is when people use someone else's photograph without their permission. Why should I care whether or not the seller puts in information that might help sell their car?
maybe i like typing in small case. why does everybody give a shit anyway?? if you all of a sudden cant read because its not proper, then you have no business reading anything in the english language. this isnt about pride in the words, its simply a matter of how I WANT TO WRITE!!!!!!!! its amazing the bullshit people bitch about nowadays...

the part about using a photograph thats different than what youre selling i agree with.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

C.R. Krieger wrote:
stikrz wrote:thanks for the defense. and i know how to use the wonderful shift button. i choose to be lazy and use all lower case letters. i dont care about shit like proper sentence structure and stuff because its not important on a forum. in my school i work at it is, so i use it. i will continue to type in lower case cause its faster and i simply dont care. to the guys who care: get over it!
So, apparently, your leisure time acquaintances who would like to be able to read and understand what you are saying matter less to you than your coworkers. OK; that's fair enough, even though we have asked you to help us out in getting along with you.

To those who might not get hired by some old perfectionist like me because you never learned to write properly when you should: Get over it!
im glad then that i will not be hired by you.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

everyone can get along with me by accepting that this is the way i type. there. its that easy.

also, my "liesure-time" aquaintences... if i wanted to make a long report about something to you, or write you a letter, or post somehing on monster.com, resume, or something that will actually matter if i write correctly... then i will write proper. my mother was an english major, my dads a math and education major. i am NOT uneducated. if you dont like the way i type... then dont read it! easy as that.

i want to become friends with everyone, so please dont let something this stupid come between this goal. you all are good people, just get over the stupid shit. were all here because of our love for the e28, so lets not forget that!
tsmall07
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 12775
Joined: May 22, 2006
Location: Springfield, vA

Post by tsmall07 »

I, too, am a proponent of proper sentence structure because without it, posts can become jumbled and very hard to read. Capitalization, however, is less important (in this informal setting) because the meaning can still be conveyed effectively.
wkohler wrote: Tyler - you're wrong.

I was trying to tell this person who doesn't capitalize anything that sending an e-mail that has improper grammar won't accomplish anything - especially if the person on the other end has brains. It makes it look like you don't take any pride in your ideas.
So...I was right... :confused:
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

tsmall07 wrote:I, too, am a proponent of proper sentence structure because without it, posts can become jumbled and very hard to read. Capitalization, however, is less important (in this informal setting) because the meaning can still be conveyed effectively.
wkohler wrote: Tyler - you're wrong.

I was trying to tell this person who doesn't capitalize anything that sending an e-mail that has improper grammar won't accomplish anything - especially if the person on the other end has brains. It makes it look like you don't take any pride in your ideas.
So...I was right... :confused:
you were right! i believe in sentence structure being right, i dont care about capitalization. are my posts easy to read?? are they jumbled?
RonW
Posts: 5324
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by RonW »

stikrz wrote:if i wanted to make a long report about something to you, or write you a letter, or post somehing on monster.com, resume, or something that will actually matter if i write correctly... then i will write proper.
It's called respecting the reader. Reading is like driving, and a bad sentence is like a bad road.

I guess if you habitually drive at 15 mph, you don't care about all the potholes. But this isn't a Chevette forum.
Post Reply