E12/E28 Springs ?

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
alotawatts
Posts: 836
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: WA

E12/E28 Springs ?

Post by alotawatts »

Thought I'd post a question the FirstFives dictator has - any info appreciated:

Posted by Peter Florance on January 07, 2008 at 18:45:46 from from 70.174.39.124

anyone know if the ID of e28 spring is larger or smaller than e12.
Do they have a similar part to e12 as far as top perch?
If the ID is a little larger but the hole pattern is still the same (I know it's at least rotated) it may work better for a rear spring pearch for 2.5" springs.

I suspect it is smaller but one can hope. I have some other options but I'm really lazy....

Thanks!
alotawatts
Posts: 836
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: WA

Answer

Post by alotawatts »

Looks like we have an answer from Mike:

Nope, both front and rear (E28) are a smaller diameter coil. The basic design for the upper mount is similar with the 3 stud mount, but I don't know about the bolt pattern.

Mike
winfred
Posts: 2839
Joined: May 12, 2007
Location: loserana

Post by winfred »

on my shark the e12 springs were maybe 3 inches shorter then the e28 springs (but looked to be around the same diameter) i installed when i converted the rear suspension to e28 style, the upper mounts were the same 3 hole pattern but where the lower bolt goes into the trailing arm the e28 has a pilot that fits into the arm and takes the shearing force instead of the bolt, the e12 just bolts up flat against the boss on the arm
Post Reply