Tim in N FL lost his Post Whore status

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Jay in VA
Posts: 1917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Raleigh, North Cakalacky

Tim in N FL lost his Post Whore status

Post by Jay in VA »

Shawn D. - 5708
Tim in N FL - 5183

C'mon buddy!
the Tanned One
Posts: 2725
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Tampa Bay area in Fla.

Post by the Tanned One »

:shock: OMG !! The End Must be Near !!?!! First Jerry Falwell Now THIS !! :wow: :confused: ;) :laugh: :rofl: Randy/ 8)
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Post by johnnye23 »

the Tanned One wrote::shock: OMG !! The End Must be Near !!?!! First Jerry Falwell Now THIS !! :wow: :confused: ;) :laugh: :rofl: Randy/ 8)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think it should be seperate categories for Beamters vs uhm just plain old post whores :laugh:
Skeen
Posts: 2208
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Post by Skeen »

Yeah, Shawn has been doing some extra correcting lately. ;)
Azure
Posts: 1480
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by Azure »

QUICK! Someone send Tim a dictionary!
Jon in Richmond
Posts: 1389
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Jon in Richmond »

I couldn't hit the enter button 5700 times let alone type a message out in everyone of them.

Ah, another post for me! :alright:
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22376
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

Y'all wanna see some real post whoring? Check out the absurd action at http://www.gasbuddy.com/ or http://atlantagasprices.com.

In this thread I participated in, I noticed that one dude has 29,675 posts. Yes, 29,675. I don't see a way on that site to check ranks by posts, but they do have points rankings for posting prices, answering polls, and making posts. In the Atlanta sub-forum alone, there seem to be a number of threads just so folks can post-whore, and when folks "discuss" one of the poll questions, they apparently just post single-word answers or repeat the choice they made in the poll.

Believe it nor not, those folks actually have "Gas Buddy" get-togethers. Now that has to be exciting! :roll:
Jay in VA
Posts: 1917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Raleigh, North Cakalacky

Post by Jay in VA »

Shawn D. wrote:Believe it nor not, those folks actually have "Gas Buddy" get-togethers. Now that has to be exciting! :roll:
Sounds like a barrel of fun! Err, no pun intended. :lol:
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22376
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

Now one of the primary post whores there has his manties in a wad 'cause I mentioned the elephant in the room.
Shawn_D wrote:Well, I'll probably never be ranked. There's no way I could catch up with everyone's consecutive days or blatant post-whoring. Y'all are real pros! :D
mincemeat26 wrote:Great introduction to the group, Shawn. I'm sure the rest of us "post whores" appreciate your presence.
Shawn_D wrote:Methinks thou doth protest too much! In this thread alone, you've posted twice each day since the 2nd day of this thread, making separate posts for your Atlanta and National rankings. You could post both rankings in a single message, but posting separately doubles your count for the same amount of information conveyed. You know what you're doing, as does everyone else who is using the same technique. ;) Sorry for mentioning the elephant in the room! :D
Wiseguy
Posts: 2026
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Between 17K and Rt 52 but a lot closer to 52

Post by Wiseguy »

Tim,

We expect better from you. However, it is important to note that of Shawn's posts 4,800 were Korrectin peeplez grammur.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

What
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Is
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

this
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Post
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Whore
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Thing? :laugh: :laugh:
tacm
Posts: 2989
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by tacm »

:moon: ;)
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Shawn D. wrote:Now one of the primary post whores there has his manties in a wad 'cause I mentioned the elephant in the room.
Irony thick enough to cut with a dull knife. :roll: So I figure it's gonna cost you at least one beer for me not to go back over there and point them to this group ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22376
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

C.R. Krieger wrote:Irony thick enough to cut with a dull knife. :roll: So I figure it's gonna cost you at least one beer for me not to go back over there and point them to this group ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, I'm sure you'd love to have those guys here yourself! :roll: I doubt the jollies you'd get would not offset the long-term grief.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Shawn D. wrote:
C.R. Krieger wrote:Irony thick enough to cut with a dull knife. :roll: So I figure it's gonna cost you at least one beer for me not to go back over there and point them to this group ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, I'm sure you'd love to have those guys here yourself! :roll: I doubt the jollies you'd get would not offset the long-term grief.
[Normally, I'd ignore it, but this is one o' them Correcting the Corrector, Post Whorin' Days ... ;) ]

You doubt the jollies would not offset the long-term grief? Talk your double-negative way outta that one! :laugh:
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 15846
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Connecticut

Post by Jeremy »

I agree.
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

Jeremy wrote:I agree.
damn you are an agreeable guy Jeremy ;)
Tim in N FL
Posts: 7392
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: North Central Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by Tim in N FL »

Wow, Jay, you really know how to hurt a guy. I feel so inadequate in the posting arena. Now you have to buy ALL my beer @ 5erFest to help cheer me up. That'll learn ya... :moon: :beer:

All hail to the new post whore in town... :bow: ShawnD :puke: :laugh:
Jay in VA
Posts: 1917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Raleigh, North Cakalacky

Post by Jay in VA »

Tim in N FL wrote:Wow, Jay, you really know how to hurt a guy. I feel so inadequate in the posting arena. Now you have to buy ALL my beer @ 5erFest to help cheer me up. That'll learn ya... :moon: :beer:

All hail to the new post whore in town... :bow: ShawnD :puke: :laugh:
AWWWW, C'mon man. That was just incentive to get you posting again. You've been slacken! ;) I'll watch you drown your sorrows! :beer:
Post Reply