Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Post Reply
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by derrith »

Have a rarely seen part, a black painted M30B35 w/vacuum brake fitting B35 manifold that had the Dinan extrude hone process performed long ago. This particular manifold came off Redfive, the turbocharged e34 535i that ran One Lap a few times in the early 2000s. Purchased from the owner of that car, ran on a 535i for a while. Now needs to find a new home because I don't have any M30s worth putting it on anymore.

$800 shipped in the US.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by derrith on Dec 14, 2016 6:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.
BA in CT
Posts: 195
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by BA in CT »

Whats the HP/TQ improvement with this intake ??
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by derrith »

BA in CT wrote:Whats the HP/TQ improvement with this intake ??
It's yuge! Members of the sex you find most attractive will also flock to you in great numbers! I'll look at what the Dinan paperwork from back in the day. It's not about the numbers though. It's about the girls, the leather. The machismo.
BA in CT
Posts: 195
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by BA in CT »

Got it !!
bkbimmer
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mar 02, 2007
Location: Portland, Or.

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by bkbimmer »

I read somewhere that it adds at least 0hp.
BA in CT
Posts: 195
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by BA in CT »

:D
LarryM
Posts: 1294
Joined: Feb 01, 2008
Location: SoCal

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by LarryM »

I don't know about a B35, but Dinan claimed +10 HP for one of these over and above their chip and exhaust on a B34. I have some old Dinan literature with their claimed dyno results; the added power came in over ~5K rpm, as you'd expect. They also claimed that if you combined this manifold with their chip and their exhaust system, peak power on a low compression B34 would be slightly higher than that of a stock Euro high compression B34.

BTW, if this manifold was originally done by Dinan, the manifold would have been powder coated, not painted. They farmed them out to Extrude-Hone and then to the powder coater.

If this manifold were for a B34, I'd be tempted. Not a big power gain for the $$$, but kind of cool nonetheless.
e38740imd
Posts: 473
Joined: Jun 17, 2013
Location: Maryland

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by e38740imd »

Pics
alpinaguy
Posts: 251
Joined: Jul 05, 2014

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by alpinaguy »

I have a Dinan intake on my turbo motor. Its powder coated. Pics would be nice. Thought they were going up the other night?
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by derrith »

Pics added. So smooth inside!
Heathcliffe
Posts: 130
Joined: Dec 16, 2009
Location: Venice CA

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by Heathcliffe »

Is that a giant crack in the 4th pic? I don't want to shit on your post but the whole thing seems a bit..off. How would one know that they were getting a Dinan versus a rattle-can special? Cheers
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by derrith »

Heathcliffe wrote:Is that a giant crack in the 4th pic? I don't want to shit on your post but the whole thing seems a bit..off. How would one know that they were getting a Dinan versus a rattle-can special? Cheers
Thanks for shitting on my thread! It's not rattle canned, it has the provenance I have stated, I have no desire to deceive anybody and have been here a long time! Kindly get bent, with all due respect.
Heathcliffe
Posts: 130
Joined: Dec 16, 2009
Location: Venice CA

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by Heathcliffe »

Seriously not trying to be a dick. Its the kind of item I might be interested in , perhaps not at the asking price, but there looks to be several cracks and I'm not sure how one would verify "provenance". It is a bit of an issue when you're asking roughly 8x the price of a clean used B35 manifold. You're welcome to elucidate me or tell me to fuck off. I'm not sure which is a better sales strategy for you. Thanks
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

Heathcliffe wrote:Is that a giant crack in the 4th pic? I don't want to shit on your post but the whole thing seems a bit..off. How would one know that they were getting a Dinan versus a rattle-can special? Cheers

Its very obvious, its extrude honed if youve ever seen it. Ive had many and found many over the years. Its not even about the appearance on the outside color, its extrude honed.
Heathcliffe
Posts: 130
Joined: Dec 16, 2009
Location: Venice CA

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by Heathcliffe »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:
Heathcliffe wrote:Is that a giant crack in the 4th pic? I don't want to shit on your post but the whole thing seems a bit..off. How would one know that they were getting a Dinan versus a rattle-can special? Cheers

Its very obvious, its extrude honed if youve ever seen it. Ive had many and found many over the years. Its not even about the appearance on the outside color, its extrude honed.

Thats great . Its obvious that some porting/polishing work had been done on the head. I'm quite aware there's no correlation between exterior color and interior manifold work. If you say that process is extrude honing I'll take you at your word because you are (obviously) extremely knowledgeable. OP is also longtime member and not shady so I regret if my my first post seemed to imply deceit. Im learning something. It's just without a giant "DINAN" stamped on it there is a bit of due diligence involved. Derrith GLWS i wish it was $300 I'd probably bite. Consider my posts free bumps. You're welcome. ;) :beer:
alpinaguy
Posts: 251
Joined: Jul 05, 2014

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by alpinaguy »

I have one of these manifolds and they ARE NOT marked DINAN. The crack hair lines you see are not cracks at all they are just from casting and are on surface. I had similar thoughts when I looked at mine. Machine shop told me this is common on castings like this. If you look at your own you would probably see same anomalies. Looks just like my DINAN manifold. GLWS
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Re: Dinan Extrude Honed B35 Intake Manifold

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

Heathcliffe wrote:[ It's just without a giant "DINAN" stamped on it there is a bit of due diligence involved:

I went through the same thing when i found the first manifold i came across because i didnt even know extrude honing was a "thing" let alone wondered how someone would have had a drill long and weird enough to reach in there lol. I also had people ask how they knew it was a dinan piece because there is no telltale stamp like you mention.
I thought it was a painted manifold until i spent a few hours learning what the heck i had :laugh:
Post Reply