Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Post Reply
95maxrider
Posts: 435
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Location: Herndon, VA

Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by 95maxrider »

Now it's time for the sad task of parting out what's left of the E28. The shell is up for grabs if anyone wants the whole thing. It's currently out in Martinsburg, WV if anyone is interested. If nobody speaks up soon, it will be stripped and sent off to a junkyard. :(

***If you want to pick parts up, they will either be available in either Martinsburg, WV or Herndon, VA.***

***Here are the parts that have already been spoken for: Motor, trans, diff, and seats. Everything else except for my rally wheels is up for grabs.***

I'll start with the stuff that I assume will sell fast and work my way down to the small stuff.

First up is the brand new OEM gas tank. It has something like 200 miles on it. The going rate for these new seems to be $600+ plus shipping (~$70). I'm asking $500 shipped, and that will include the in tank pumps that still worked just fine, or $425 picked up.

Image

Next up are strut tower bars made by a guy on the forums. Jake B IIRC. The front bar was modified to clear the larger intake manifold from the 885 head swap. They have been painted with the crinkle black paint (not shown). $220 shipped, $200 picked up.---SOLD!!!

Image

Image

Next up is the skid plate and custom bracing. The rear of the skid plate is held in place by two bolts that were welded to the body, so this isn't exactly a bolt in job, but I'm pretty sure it's the only one in existence this beefy. $150 shipped, $120 picked up.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Next up are both axles. I replaced three of the four boots and repacked them with synthetic grease over the last couple years. The fourth boot is not cracked and does not leak. $100 each shipped, $70 picked up each. I'll include the other new boot with the axle that only had one boot replaced

Image

Image

Image

I think I'm also going to put up the Style 4 wheels (16x8, forged, +23 IIRC). I do not have the center caps. They have Hankook Ventus V12 tires with 60%+ tread left. I planned on painting all the wheels, as three of them came with some pretty nasty caked on brake dust. I bought some nice wheel paint ($50+) but never got around to actually painting them. We did all the sanding already, so they're actually in pretty good shape. There is some very light curb rash, but nothing major, and I don't think any of them are bent. I'm not really interested in shipping these unless someone is willing to pay $150+ to do so. I will include all the paint and clear coat along with the wheels. Asking $550 picked up.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Now for the less sexy stuff.

1988 528e electrical wiring diagram booklet, $10 shipped.
Image

21.5mm Powerflex swaybar bushings, never used, $40 shipped
Image

Ireland Engineering poly steering coupler, $15 shipped---SOLD!!!
Image

Brand new OEM e-brake cables. Please check the PN to make sure it will work on your car. $50 shipped.
Image

Image

Legit Alpina 173 ECU chip for a 2.7i motor with a cam, $150 shipped
Image

Image

Brand new Bosch fuel filter, $15 shipped.---SOLD!!!
Image

Brand new ATE e-brake shoes including hardware, $20 shipped---SOLD!!!
Image

Image

Original tweeters. I have no idea if they work. $10 shipped?
Image

Other parts that I don't have pics for are:

Radiator- $100 shipped, $50 picked up
Ireland Engineering SS brake lines- $80 shipped, $70 picked up
Front fenders- $25 each picked up, no shipping
Motor mount arms- $50 shipped each, $40 picked up each
E34 front BBK. Brembo rotors, ATE OEM pads, 525i calipers. Less than 1,000 miles on the whole setup. $150 shipped, $100 picked up.
New-ish coolant overflow tank with new caps- $30 shipped, $20 picked up
New-ish power steering reservoir with new cap- $30 shipped, $20 picked up
Driveshaft- $80 picked up, no shipping

Phew, that's a lot of stuff! If you buy multiple items we can work out package deals and save on shipping costs. Let me know if there are any other random items you might want from the front end. There isn't much to speak of in the interior. Thanks for looking guys!
Last edited by 95maxrider on Jan 21, 2016 2:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.
95maxrider
Posts: 435
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by 95maxrider »

Alright guys, I've got some of this stuff sold, but there's more to go!

First up are the E34 Koni rear shocks with E34 rear springs with one coil cut (properly) and Moosehead Engineering rear shock mounts. These had been installed on the car for about 7 months and about 2,000 miles. With the coil cut they are pretty much at stock height, but they are firmer than stock. The shocks were $300 new, and the ME mounts were about $90, and with the springs and other little things, there is over $400 in this setup. I'll let it go for $300 shipped or $275 picked up.

Image

Image

Image

Next up we have some E34 front calipers and OEM pads with about 2,000 miles on them. They also have the IE SS lines on them. I'm asking $80 shipped for all of it.

Image

I also have a set of brand new rear pads and rotors for the E28. The pads (not shown) are ATE OEM pads. I also have brand new e-brake shoes (see above FS post). Asking $100 shipped for all of it. Freshen up your rear brakes for cheap!

Image

I also have my old rear Bilsteins and stock springs. They are in rough shape, but you can send them back to Bilstein (IIRC) if you recently bought new ones as warranty items and get new ones for free. They never leaked any fluid, and probably only have 8,000 miles on them. $40 shipped.---SOLD!!!

Image

I also got the strut bars off the car. The front bar was modified to clear the larger intake manifold from the 885 head swap (M20 cars only I think). They have been painted with the crinkle black paint. $220 shipped, $200 picked up.---SOLD!!!

Image

Please buy my stuff!!
Last edited by 95maxrider on Jan 21, 2016 2:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.
e38740imd
Posts: 473
Joined: Jun 17, 2013
Location: Maryland

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by e38740imd »

What rear spoiler is that?

May consider it for the e34. Local also
95maxrider
Posts: 435
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by 95maxrider »

e38740imd wrote:What rear spoiler is that?

May consider it for the e34. Local also
The spoiler has a little crack on it...




Image
e38740imd
Posts: 473
Joined: Jun 17, 2013
Location: Maryland

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by e38740imd »

I'm still interested depending on the damage. Is the spoiler with the car in WV
e38740imd
Posts: 473
Joined: Jun 17, 2013
Location: Maryland

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by e38740imd »

Oh I see now. The image took some time to load.
95maxrider
Posts: 435
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by 95maxrider »

Bump!
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by ElGuappo »

Some of that needs to be marked sold.
c3p0
Posts: 140
Joined: Aug 22, 2015
Location: fox cities wi

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by c3p0 »

ill take the steering coupler
95maxrider
Posts: 435
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by 95maxrider »

c3p0 wrote:ill take the steering coupler
Sorry, it's been sold.
Freude am Fahren
Posts: 346
Joined: Nov 23, 2014
Location: Culver City, CA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by Freude am Fahren »

Is that a real/original shadowline tail light? If yes, how much for the unbroken tail?

Thanks,

Eamon
95maxrider
Posts: 435
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by 95maxrider »

Freude am Fahren wrote:Is that a real/original shadowline tail light? If yes, how much for the unbroken tail?

Thanks,

Eamon
Nope, it's painted, and it's starting to chip in one area. $60 shipped.
95maxrider
Posts: 435
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by 95maxrider »

Bump!
tyehayshonrud
Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 10, 2017
Location: Alaska

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by tyehayshonrud »

Spoiler still available? If not what brand is it?
95maxrider
Posts: 435
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by 95maxrider »

tyehayshonrud wrote:Spoiler still available? If not what brand is it?
The spoiler was never available, it was destroyed in the wreck.

That being said, I still have brand new OEM rear pads and rotors just taking up space. If someone pays for shipping they can have them for free. Any takers?
msauls
Posts: 17
Joined: May 07, 2015
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by msauls »

95maxrider wrote:....That being said, I still have brand new OEM rear pads and rotors just taking up space. If someone pays for shipping they can have them for free. Any takers?
Pm'd
Foonfer
Posts: 840
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
Location: New York, NY

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by Foonfer »

PM'd about the electrical troubleshooting manual - thanks
Ordnator
Posts: 552
Joined: Aug 31, 2015
Location: Halifax NS

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by Ordnator »

PM'd about trim pieces.

Regards,

Mick
BenGerman
Posts: 750
Joined: Jun 26, 2016
Location: MA

Re: Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Post by BenGerman »

Pictures of cooleant and Ps tanks?
Post Reply