WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Post Reply
jevansx1
Posts: 104
Joined: Jan 02, 2013
Location: Forestville, CA

WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Post by jevansx1 »

Searching for a set of 88-89 635csi E24 down pipes and catalytic coverter if possible. Even if you have just a set of downpipes minus the cat I will take them. PM me if you can help me out. Thank you.

-Jon.
Jargo
Posts: 119
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
Location: Quakertown PA

Re: WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Post by Jargo »

Are E34 B35 downpipes the same by chance? If so, I have some of those.
jevansx1
Posts: 104
Joined: Jan 02, 2013
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Post by jevansx1 »

Jargo wrote:Are E34 B35 downpipes the same by chance? If so, I have some of those.
Unfortunately, they are not, I found out. I have a set of those as well, and they DO NOT fit. I have been told the E24 B35 downpipes have a different shape and are narrower, allowing them to fit in the E28 engine compartment. From what i understand, the B35 only came in 88-89 model years.
e38740imd
Posts: 473
Joined: Jun 17, 2013
Location: Maryland

Re: WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Post by e38740imd »

88 is narrower, 89 is the same diameter and Share the same manifold as the e34/e32 you must have the b34 manifolds and is the reason why they don't fit
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Re: WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Post by Kyle in NO »

e38740imd wrote:88 is narrower, 89 is the same diameter and Share the same manifold as the e34/e32 you must have the b34 manifolds and is the reason why they don't fit
You are incorrect. The 88 & 89 e24 front section uses B35 manifolds and fits the E28 chassis.
e38740imd
Posts: 473
Joined: Jun 17, 2013
Location: Maryland

Re: WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Post by e38740imd »

Kyle in NO wrote:
e38740imd wrote:88 is narrower, 89 is the same diameter and Share the same manifold as the e34/e32 you must have the b34 manifolds and is the reason why they don't fit
You are incorrect. The 88 & 89 e24 front section uses B35 manifolds and fits the E28 chassis.
The e24 only got the the b35 in 89. What e24 got the b35 in 88?
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Re: WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Post by Kyle in NO »

Again, you are incorrect. I've owned both, and know what I am talking about. All 88 and 89 year model e24s have B35 power. The 88 year model US 535i/is retained B34 power as they were all leftover 1987 models.
e38740imd
Posts: 473
Joined: Jun 17, 2013
Location: Maryland

Re: WTB 88-89 (B35) E24 Down Pipes and Cat

Post by e38740imd »

Kyle in NO wrote:Again, you are incorrect. I've owned both, and know what I am talking about. All 88 and 89 year model e24s have B35 power. The 88 year model US 535i/is retained B34 power as they were all leftover 1987 models.
hmm, well i stand corrected
Post Reply