During my few days off, I have resumed a new bad habit...looking at cars. Boy did I find another peach...'98 528i/5 one owner with 113k. Alpine...flawless...17" style 5's. (looks a lot like my E34)
Oye...too many cars as it is...oye...
ugh...the pain,
...make it stop
Last edited by TSMacNeil on Mar 27, 2012 10:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Tim, I'm just going to say it, your next automotive purchase needs to be an ///M car. S38, S54 or S62 powered. Preferably one of the former. Just focus on that. I'm speaking from experience here.
Prior to Sunday we had the following in the family:
2005 Ford Freestar
1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
1994 Honda Civic DX Sedan
1988 BMW 735i
1988 Mustang GT Convertible
1984 BMW 528e
Then in the last three days we added two to the stable; on Sunday I picked up a rusty '89 525i (with the intent of parting it and swapping the M20-i motor into the 528, but it still drives, so we are, driving it that is.) And yesterday my oldest son (who already has the '94 Civic and the Mustang) bought a '92 328i. I think my neighbors are going to start complaining before we cull the herd.
I really like the e39 bodystyle (I know many consider it boring), I'm just scared of the maintenance issues. So I drive a 200k mile e34
If I were a better wrench, and had more $, I wouldn't mind a car like in your pics.
The Volvo is a '94 850T, I forget the mileage right now...about 125k or so. (Odo works, I just don't remember right now) My wife bought it about 6 years ago, right after we met.Automatic. Had to replace the trans switch 2 years ago.
T5 Turbo motor (scoots good, but I don't dog it) New axles, new radiator (every 2 years) new oil cooler lines, new tires (2k miles)
Oil is changed every 3k with VR-1 20/50. Uses no oil, never overheated, ZERO rust (original AZ car-Powell Volvo in Scottsdale) New AC expansion valve 2 years ago...cold AC.
Full Camel leather, heated seats. Needs the rear hatch interior molding clipped back on...just never got around to it. Front seats are showing wear...no open wounds yet.
Damn good car, I must say.
(love the brake job on it, don't even have to pull the calipers, the pads slide right in- doesn't eat rotors, either) I do about 97% of the MX on the car myself. Pretty easy to work on, once you get used to FWD and sideways motor.
Not officially for sale yet...but I'll post it up here if it is.
Last edited by TSMacNeil on Mar 27, 2012 11:30 PM, edited 2 times in total.
An E39 528i/5 is exactly what I've been thinking about. I'm really not that fond of the E36, though a 14 sec 1/4 mile car that gets 28MPG isn't all bad either.
Mike W. wrote:An E39 528i/5 is exactly what I've been thinking about. I'm really not that fond of the E36, though a 14 sec 1/4 mile car that gets 28MPG isn't all bad either.
Mike W. wrote:An E39 528i/5 is exactly what I've been thinking about. I'm really not that fond of the E36, though a 14 sec 1/4 mile car that gets 28MPG isn't all bad either.
Nooooo, you're killing me. I'd have to sell the E36 first. Yeah, that's it, I'd have to sell the E36 first. And I don't like the color combo, I had white for 11 years.
Breath deep, c'mon, it's not that bad. Slow down, breath deep, extra clean 14 year old cars are still common. Breath deep...
Mike W. wrote:An E39 528i/5 is exactly what I've been thinking about. I'm really not that fond of the E36, though a 14 sec 1/4 mile car that gets 28MPG isn't all bad either.
Nooooo, you're killing me. I'd have to sell the E36 first. Yeah, that's it, I'd have to sell the E36 first. And I don't like the color combo, I had white for 11 years.
Breath deep, c'mon, it's not that bad. Slow down, breath deep, extra clean 14 year old cars are still common. Breath deep...
Prior to Sunday we had the following in the family:
2005 Ford Freestar
1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
1994 Honda Civic DX Sedan
1988 BMW 735i
1988 Mustang GT Convertible
1984 BMW 528e
Then in the last three days we added two to the stable; on Sunday I picked up a rusty '89 525i (with the intent of parting it and swapping the M20-i motor into the 528, but it still drives, so we are, driving it that is.) And yesterday my oldest son (who already has the '94 Civic and the Mustang) bought a '92 328i. I think my neighbors are going to start complaining before we cull the herd.
Prior to Sunday we had the following in the family:
2005 Ford Freestar
1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
1994 Honda Civic DX Sedan
1988 BMW 735i
1988 Mustang GT Convertible
1984 BMW 528e
Then in the last three days we added two to the stable; on Sunday I picked up a rusty '89 525i (with the intent of parting it and swapping the M20-i motor into the 528, but it still drives, so we are, driving it that is.) And yesterday my oldest son (who already has the '94 Civic and the Mustang) bought a '92 328i. I think my neighbors are going to start complaining before we cull the herd.
Dave, I want that E32 of yours
Everything is for sale at the right price.
But I don't know if you'd really want it once you saw it up close. Best viewed from a distance, but I still like driving it.