And we call ourselves civilized.....

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
slimdevil27
Posts: 935
Joined: Nov 12, 2011
Location: WA

And we call ourselves civilized.....

Post by slimdevil27 »

http://www.newser.com/story/141226/mold ... hiles.html

Good for them, but the "human rights" part makes me sick.

They are using the wrong chemical if it needs to be re-administered. They should use this:

Cu/Pb-.451dx185grx1100fps, administered once orally.

And so should we.
alijonny
Posts: 5612
Joined: Apr 09, 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by alijonny »

I think I remember hearing that turkey is doing the same thing. Maybe even chopping dicks off, Not sure though.
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22375
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Re: And we call ourselves civilized.....

Post by Shawn D. »

slimdevil27 wrote:http://www.newser.com/story/141226/mold ... hiles.html

Good for them, but the "human rights" part makes me sick.

They are using the wrong chemical if it needs to be re-administered. They should use this:

Cu/Pb-.451dx185grx1100fps, administered once orally.

And so should we.
Chemical castration is (to make a poor analogy) like being on the pill for physiology and behavior. It's reversible (via time) and does not include mutilation. Given that pedophilia is not really treatable or reversible, I'm for it.
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

After conviction, put them in the general prison population with a tattoo on their forehead which reads. "I'm a convicted Pedophile".
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Rich has the right idea, I'd add some surgery though.
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

Rich Euro M5 wrote:After conviction, put them in the general prison population with a tattoo on their forehead which reads. "I'm a convicted Pedophile".
While Pedophilia is disgusting, I think if you think about this a little differently you might change your mind.

We all have skeletons in our closet. What if you had to have YOUR biggest sin/secret tatooed on your forehead?

There is forgiveness and second chances in this world.
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

Oh my.
FastFiver
Posts: 1716
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: The murder mitten

Post by FastFiver »

skip535i wrote:
Rich Euro M5 wrote:After conviction, put them in the general prison population with a tattoo on their forehead which reads. "I'm a convicted Pedophile".
While Pedophilia is disgusting, I think if you think about this a little differently you might change your mind.

We all have skeletons in our closet. What if you had to have YOUR biggest sin/secret tatooed on your forehead?

There is forgiveness and second chances in this world.
And when you consider that most child abusers were themselves abused as well, you start to realize the profound complexities involved with this behavior. Doesn't excuse the crime, but these are still people.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Ludovico Technique

Image
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

skip535i wrote:While Pedophilia is disgusting, I think if you think about this a little differently you might change your mind.

We all have skeletons in our closet. What if you had to have YOUR biggest sin/secret tatooed on your forehead?

There is forgiveness and second chances in this world.

ITT: guys that are mad that they got touched when they were kids.

I dont think "brake checking an idiot and causing him to flip over on the highway" would fit too well on my forehead....just sayin....
M. Holtmeier
Posts: 3055
Joined: Mar 11, 2007
Location: Josephine, Texas

Post by M. Holtmeier »

I would like to think that the skeletons in the closets of normal, civilized human beings does NOT include putting their penises in little boys.
grey ghost
Posts: 3041
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: South Boston VA

Post by grey ghost »

Anyone who feels that castration of any sort is too drastic for the convicted animals that rape children should also be castrated.
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem.

These animals need to be caught and killed. YUP!
People tend to protect their own, so if you are feeling sympathy for these animals, maybe you see a little bit of yourself in them.

I'm pissed just thinking about it......
Me and Kimber, hollow tips, a can of gas and a lighter....


At the very least, they should be surgically castrated and 7/8th of their penis removed.
Leave them with a short stump and two empty sacks, and then a life sentence in one of the hardest prisons to ensure daily colonoscopies, if not twice or three times a day.

I think that's fair....
FastFiver
Posts: 1716
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: The murder mitten

Post by FastFiver »

8 year olds dude...
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

What if you, a young virile stud at the prime age of 13, are seduced by a much older woman? Is it still illegal? It in fact is not.

Image
grey ghost
Posts: 3041
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: South Boston VA

Post by grey ghost »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:What if you, a young virile stud at the prime age of 13, are seduced by a much older woman? Is it still illegal? It in fact is not.
As I'm sure you are aware, there are double standards everywhere.
And while it is illegal, its not the same as a man pushing a little boy's stool in.......
Some may argue it is, and they can all they want.

I think I would feel differently about some 30yr old woman giving my 13yr old his 1st piece vs some 30yr old man ass f**king my 13yr old son..... while both are illegal, my feelings on the two matters would be different.

Is that a double standard, maybe, maybe not, I didn't say it was ok, I just said it would be different....

Murder and arson are both illegal, but different....
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:What if you, a young virile stud at the prime age of 13, are seduced by a much older woman? Is it still illegal? It in fact is not.

Image
I'm so glad that you are so knowledgeable of the California penal code concerning unlawful intercourse. NOT.
1. Q: What is the legal age of consent to have sexual intercourse in California?
A: 18 years old. This means sexual contact with a minor under the age of 18 is illegal in the state of California even if the minor says it is consensual.
2. Q: What is the California statutory rape law?
A: The California statutory rape law is titled "Unlawful Sexual Intercourse" Section 261.5 California Penal code.
3. Q: Is it legal for two minors to have sexual intercourse? Top of page
A: No. Sexual contact while under the age of 18 is not legal. Depending on the age of the parties involved and whether or not there are repeat violations involved, it would either go to juvenile court or, under certain situations a juvenile court judge may recommend the case be moved to adult court. If the violation is under 261.5, it is a misdemeanor offense. California Penal Code: Section 261.5 Unlawful Sexual Intercourse

Section 261.5.
(a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

grey ghost wrote:
Bimmerguy2002 wrote:What if you, a young virile stud at the prime age of 13, are seduced by a much older woman? Is it still illegal? It in fact is not.
As I'm sure you are aware, there are double standards everywhere.
And while it is illegal, its not the same as a man pushing a little boy's stool in.......
Some may argue it is, and they can all they want.

I think I would feel differently about some 30yr old woman giving my 13yr old his 1st piece vs some 30yr old man ass f**king my 13yr old son..... while both are illegal, my feelings on the two matters would be different.

Is that a double standard, maybe, maybe not, I didn't say it was ok, I just said it would be different....

Murder and arson are both illegal, but different....
But honest question, what if your son is homosex, blatantly open about it and is consenting? (even someone under the legal age can consent)
FastFiver
Posts: 1716
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: The murder mitten

Post by FastFiver »

grey ghost wrote:
Bimmerguy2002 wrote:What if you, a young virile stud at the prime age of 13, are seduced by a much older woman? Is it still illegal? It in fact is not.
As I'm sure you are aware, there are double standards everywhere.
And while it is illegal, its not the same as a man pushing a little boy's stool in.......
Some may argue it is, and they can all they want.

I think I would feel differently about some 30yr old woman giving my 13yr old his 1st piece vs some 30yr old man ass f**king my 13yr old son..... while both are illegal, my feelings on the two matters would be different.

Is that a double standard, maybe, maybe not, I didn't say it was ok, I just said it would be different....

Murder and arson are both illegal, but different....
Murder = crime against a person
Arson = crime against property

Your analogy is inherently flawed. Please go back, read your post and make the appropriate edits.
FastFiver
Posts: 1716
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: The murder mitten

Post by FastFiver »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:
But honest question, what if your son is homosex, blatantly open about it and is consenting? (even someone under the legal age can consent)
Image
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

the black guys eating popcorn to post ratio is too much for one thread.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
grey ghost
Posts: 3041
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: South Boston VA

Post by grey ghost »

FastFiver wrote:
grey ghost wrote:
Bimmerguy2002 wrote:What if you, a young virile stud at the prime age of 13, are seduced by a much older woman? Is it still illegal? It in fact is not.
As I'm sure you are aware, there are double standards everywhere.
And while it is illegal, its not the same as a man pushing a little boy's stool in.......
Some may argue it is, and they can all they want.

I think I would feel differently about some 30yr old woman giving my 13yr old his 1st piece vs some 30yr old man ass f**king my 13yr old son..... while both are illegal, my feelings on the two matters would be different.

Is that a double standard, maybe, maybe not, I didn't say it was ok, I just said it would be different....

Murder and arson are both illegal, but different....
Murder = crime against a person
Arson = crime against property

Your analogy is inherently flawed. Please go back, read your post and make the appropriate edits.
Nothing wrong with my post, maybe its you, read it again yourself...... not changing shit!
while my analogy may be flawed, both acts are illegal, that was the point I was making...
I do think its clear that I said they are "both" illegal, but "different"

Who's side are you on,

We are talking about adults that take advantage on little boys.
Most of these animals aren't looking at 13yr olds.
8 years of age and younger is the target age....
Xenocide
Posts: 3370
Joined: Jun 08, 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post by Xenocide »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:the ~black guys eating popcorn to post ratio is too much for one thread.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Image
:dunno: :| :banana: :alright:
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

Matt is in full troll mode on this thread.
FastFiver
Posts: 1716
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: The murder mitten

Post by FastFiver »

grey ghost wrote:
FastFiver wrote:
grey ghost wrote:
Bimmerguy2002 wrote:What if you, a young virile stud at the prime age of 13, are seduced by a much older woman? Is it still illegal? It in fact is not.
As I'm sure you are aware, there are double standards everywhere.
And while it is illegal, its not the same as a man pushing a little boy's stool in.......
Some may argue it is, and they can all they want.

I think I would feel differently about some 30yr old woman giving my 13yr old his 1st piece vs some 30yr old man ass f**king my 13yr old son..... while both are illegal, my feelings on the two matters would be different.

Is that a double standard, maybe, maybe not, I didn't say it was ok, I just said it would be different....

Murder and arson are both illegal, but different....
Murder = crime against a person
Arson = crime against property

Your analogy is inherently flawed. Please go back, read your post and make the appropriate edits.
Nothing wrong with my post, maybe its you, read it again yourself...... not changing shit!
while my analogy may be flawed, both acts are illegal, that was the point I was making...
I do think its clear that I said they are "both" illegal, but "different"

Who's side are you on,

We are talking about adults that take advantage on little boys.
Most of these animals aren't looking at 13yr olds.
8 years of age and younger is the target age....
Don't sit there and insinuate my support of pedophiles. You made some pretty aggressive, and in my eyes, draconian statements about what punishments those convicted should face. Do you think punishments like those you listed are representative of a first-world republic?

Also, you are correct about the age groups. Adults who are interested in children are pedophiles, while adults who are interested in post-pubescent adolescents are ephebophiles. Completely different things, but our society likes to lump them in together.

...you seriously don't see the error in your analogy?
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote:Matt is in full troll mode on this thread.
Image
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
grey ghost
Posts: 3041
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: South Boston VA

Post by grey ghost »

FastFiver wrote:
grey ghost wrote:
FastFiver wrote:
grey ghost wrote:
Bimmerguy2002 wrote:What if you, a young virile stud at the prime age of 13, are seduced by a much older woman? Is it still illegal? It in fact is not.
As I'm sure you are aware, there are double standards everywhere.
And while it is illegal, its not the same as a man pushing a little boy's stool in.......
Some may argue it is, and they can all they want.

I think I would feel differently about some 30yr old woman giving my 13yr old his 1st piece vs some 30yr old man ass f**king my 13yr old son..... while both are illegal, my feelings on the two matters would be different.

Is that a double standard, maybe, maybe not, I didn't say it was ok, I just said it would be different....

Murder and arson are both illegal, but different....
Murder = crime against a person
Arson = crime against property

Your analogy is inherently flawed. Please go back, read your post and make the appropriate edits.
Nothing wrong with my post, maybe its you, read it again yourself...... not changing shit!
while my analogy may be flawed, both acts are illegal, that was the point I was making...
I do think its clear that I said they are "both" illegal, but "different"

Who's side are you on,

We are talking about adults that take advantage on little boys.
Most of these animals aren't looking at 13yr olds.
8 years of age and younger is the target age....
Don't sit there and insinuate my support of pedophiles. You made some pretty aggressive, and in my eyes, draconian statements about what punishments those convicted should face. Do you think punishments like those you listed are representative of a first-world republic?

Also, you are correct about the age groups. Adults who are interested in children are pedophiles, while adults who are interested in post-pubescent adolescents are ephebophiles. Completely different things, but our society likes to lump them in together.

...you seriously don't see the error in your analogy?
Yes, I know what I wrote, guess how I know, because I wrote it..... Didn't see that coming did you????

In my eyes, some crimes are forgivable, but not ones that include adults hunting for kids to destroy.

Before you hit us with knowledge, please tell me why my analogy is so important to you.
The issue here is the punishment of those who hunt for little boys, not my analogy...

And, instead of wasting my tax dollar on imprisoning these animals, they should be used as fertilizer.

Maybe this will make you feel better

Murder - illegal - crime against a person.
1st Degree Arson - illegal - crime against property where someone is hurt or killed.

Both illegal, but different...............
There, happy now.....

Draconian means a 7th-century Athenian statesman and lawmaker, or his code of laws, which prescribed death for almost every offense.

That's a far cry from my statement.
Any man who's driving force in life is to hunt 8yr old boys deserves to die.
He is not worth my tax dollar to maintain behind bars. Maybe you should kick in my share for his prison stay.

It costs an average of $28k to keep one of these pieces of shit in jail for a year, and a whole lot more to execute him.
Thats three meals a day, health insurance, better than yours, and a free college education at many prisons.
Give him to me, turn a blind eye and I'll use him to fertilize my garden.

Everybody wins.
Little boys have one less predator hunting them, the tax payer saves money, and I grow some of the most delicious veggies in the country......

Life is good
FastFiver
Posts: 1716
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: The murder mitten

Post by FastFiver »

grey ghost wrote:
FastFiver wrote:
grey ghost wrote:
FastFiver wrote:
grey ghost wrote: As I'm sure you are aware, there are double standards everywhere.
And while it is illegal, its not the same as a man pushing a little boy's stool in.......
Some may argue it is, and they can all they want.

I think I would feel differently about some 30yr old woman giving my 13yr old his 1st piece vs some 30yr old man ass f**king my 13yr old son..... while both are illegal, my feelings on the two matters would be different.

Is that a double standard, maybe, maybe not, I didn't say it was ok, I just said it would be different....

Murder and arson are both illegal, but different....
Murder = crime against a person
Arson = crime against property

Your analogy is inherently flawed. Please go back, read your post and make the appropriate edits.
Nothing wrong with my post, maybe its you, read it again yourself...... not changing shit!
while my analogy may be flawed, both acts are illegal, that was the point I was making...
I do think its clear that I said they are "both" illegal, but "different"

Who's side are you on,

We are talking about adults that take advantage on little boys.
Most of these animals aren't looking at 13yr olds.
8 years of age and younger is the target age....
Don't sit there and insinuate my support of pedophiles. You made some pretty aggressive, and in my eyes, draconian statements about what punishments those convicted should face. Do you think punishments like those you listed are representative of a first-world republic?

Also, you are correct about the age groups. Adults who are interested in children are pedophiles, while adults who are interested in post-pubescent adolescents are ephebophiles. Completely different things, but our society likes to lump them in together.

...you seriously don't see the error in your analogy?
Yes, I know what I wrote, guess how I know, because I wrote it..... Didn't see that coming did you????

In my eyes, some crimes are forgivable, but not ones that include adults hunting for kids to destroy.

Before you hit us with knowledge, please tell me why my analogy is so important to you.
The issue here is the punishment of those who hunt for little boys, not my analogy...

And, instead of wasting my tax dollar on imprisoning these animals, they should be used as fertilizer.

Maybe this will make you feel better

Murder - illegal - crime against a person.
1st Degree Arson - illegal - crime against property where someone is hurt or killed.

Both illegal, but different...............
There, happy now.....

Draconian means a 7th-century Athenian statesman and lawmaker, or his code of laws, which prescribed death for almost every offense.

That's a far cry from my statement.
Any man who's driving force in life is to hunt 8yr old boys deserves to die.
He is not worth my tax dollar to maintain behind bars. Maybe you should kick in my share for his prison stay.

It costs an average of $28k to keep one of these pieces of shit in jail for a year, and a whole lot more to execute him.
Thats three meals a day, health insurance, better than yours, and a free college education at many prisons.
Give him to me, turn a blind eye and I'll use him to fertilize my garden.

Everybody wins.
Little boys have one less predator hunting them, the tax payer saves money, and I grow some of the most delicious veggies in the country......

Life is good
Image

I keep seeing this said everywhere "my tax dollar"

You don't get to earmark your tax dollars. That's why we have government. We pay taxes and they use the money for things society deems valuable for all to have. Things like public education, of which perhaps you didn't take full advantage. I think you may need remedial civics in addition to that course in logic.

Oh, my issue with your analogy is the reasoning behind it. You seem to have no issues with older females taking advantage of adolescent boys, but if the converse is the case, you are in favor of becoming judge, jury, executioner. Nobody deserves to be taken advantage of; regardless of gender.

With that,

Image

Peace, my ninja.
Mike W.
Posts: 27986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

grey ghost wrote: ...It costs an average of $28k to keep one of these pieces of shit in jail for a year, and a whole lot more to execute him.
Thats three meals a day, health insurance, better than yours, and a free college education at many prisons...
Not this century. Add a one to it and you're going to come up to a more typical figure which comes out to ~$50K per year. Three meals a day, yeah, it'll be 2500 calories or so, but not of food you want to eat. A free college education? In rare instances, but half of them can't even read to start with.

I'm not even going to suggest what should or shouldn't be done to the guilty ones, just that incarceration is expensive, unpleasant and ironically the cruder, old time jails/prisons are more expensive to run than the more modern, "softer" ones.
grey ghost
Posts: 3041
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: South Boston VA

Post by grey ghost »

FastFiver wrote:
grey ghost wrote:
FastFiver wrote:
grey ghost wrote:
FastFiver wrote: Murder = crime against a person
Arson = crime against property

Your analogy is inherently flawed. Please go back, read your post and make the appropriate edits.
Nothing wrong with my post, maybe its you, read it again yourself...... not changing shit!
while my analogy may be flawed, both acts are illegal, that was the point I was making...
I do think its clear that I said they are "both" illegal, but "different"

Who's side are you on,

We are talking about adults that take advantage on little boys.
Most of these animals aren't looking at 13yr olds.
8 years of age and younger is the target age....
Don't sit there and insinuate my support of pedophiles. You made some pretty aggressive, and in my eyes, draconian statements about what punishments those convicted should face. Do you think punishments like those you listed are representative of a first-world republic?

Also, you are correct about the age groups. Adults who are interested in children are pedophiles, while adults who are interested in post-pubescent adolescents are ephebophiles. Completely different things, but our society likes to lump them in together.

...you seriously don't see the error in your analogy?
Yes, I know what I wrote, guess how I know, because I wrote it..... Didn't see that coming did you????

In my eyes, some crimes are forgivable, but not ones that include adults hunting for kids to destroy.

Before you hit us with knowledge, please tell me why my analogy is so important to you.
The issue here is the punishment of those who hunt for little boys, not my analogy...

And, instead of wasting my tax dollar on imprisoning these animals, they should be used as fertilizer.

Maybe this will make you feel better

Murder - illegal - crime against a person.
1st Degree Arson - illegal - crime against property where someone is hurt or killed.

Both illegal, but different...............
There, happy now.....

Draconian means a 7th-century Athenian statesman and lawmaker, or his code of laws, which prescribed death for almost every offense.

That's a far cry from my statement.
Any man who's driving force in life is to hunt 8yr old boys deserves to die.
He is not worth my tax dollar to maintain behind bars. Maybe you should kick in my share for his prison stay.

It costs an average of $28k to keep one of these pieces of shit in jail for a year, and a whole lot more to execute him.
Thats three meals a day, health insurance, better than yours, and a free college education at many prisons.
Give him to me, turn a blind eye and I'll use him to fertilize my garden.

Everybody wins.
Little boys have one less predator hunting them, the tax payer saves money, and I grow some of the most delicious veggies in the country......

Life is good
Image

I keep seeing this said everywhere "my tax dollar"

You don't get to earmark your tax dollars. That's why we have government. We pay taxes and they use the money for things society deems valuable for all to have. Things like public education, of which perhaps you didn't take full advantage. I think you may need remedial civics in addition to that course in logic.

Oh, my issue with your analogy is the reasoning behind it. You seem to have no issues with older females taking advantage of adolescent boys, but if the converse is the case, you are in favor of becoming judge, jury, executioner. Nobody deserves to be taken advantage of; regardless of gender.

With that,

Image

Peace, my ninja.
Wow, "my ninja"
You blow all that hot air, then end with that.
You couldn't even keep it real, coward......

I took advantage of the US educational system and hold a three of degrees......

Earmark is just the white collar term for stealing, thats why the government is so good at it.
They can steal your money before you even get it.
If you take a second and pull your head out of your ass, you will see that I never said I have NO issue with the 13yr old incident, but that my feelings would be different.

Once again you show you inability to comprehend the written word...... go ahead and reread the words.
In addition, my issue is with pedophilia, that, as you so knowledgeably made evident, is with prepubescent boys.
The mental capacity of a normal 13yr old is far superior to that of an 8 yr old, thus giving the young teen a major advantage.

Get your shit straight dude......... Your ability to follow a story you co-authored is astoundingly pathetic.

Figure it out or shot your mouth........

I have to give it to you, you blind fuck. Its the government"s use of our funds that has this country is such a hole.
Things like a $1.5mil earmark to a private airport in Montana so these rich politicians can go hunting and step of the jet and onto a jeep.

There are thousand of "earmarks", robberies, of the tax payer funds.
There is only one way to stop it, but we wont go there, I don't want you to wet your pants.


PS. If you want to call me something, go ahead and do it. Don't be a bitch, bitch.
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 15846
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Connecticut

Post by Jeremy »

People are asked to extend at least a modicum of civility to all members of this forum regardless of topic. Those that prove unable or unwilling to remain civil in their discussions on this forum will find their privilege to post in this space revoked.

There will be no more warnings in this thread. Tone it down, gentlemen.
Post Reply