Who sells clear tint film in yellow...

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Who sells clear tint film in yellow...

Post by shagrath »

or pink? My sticker source doesn't carry it and she sees no reason to purchase an entire roll of it just to sell me a 1ft x 1ft section for US pendant fog lights.

And yes, for the wife's car.
Soco
Posts: 1320
Joined: Jun 01, 2006
Location: Annapolis, MD

Post by Soco »

just epoxy a bunch of kittens all over the outside she'll love it. I guarantee it or your money back.

(but srsly I don't know, I got headlight film from bigcoupe.com once a while ago)
WilNJ
Posts: 4193
Joined: Aug 12, 2009
Location: North Jersey

Post by WilNJ »

Soco wrote:epoxy a bunch of kittens all over the outside she'll love it. I guarantee it or your money back.
Or Hello Kitty stickers, for some JDM/anime style.

Only kidding, I speak from jealousy in that my wife isn't interested in driving a classic.
Last edited by WilNJ on Mar 01, 2012 9:38 AM, edited 1 time in total.
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

I got mine from a board member, name, not sure, maybe Mr. Fixit :dunno:, but "Image and ye shall find".
Frybrid 524td
Posts: 2689
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: ...

Post by Frybrid 524td »

Last I spoke with Andy (MisterFixit) he could get yellow XPel film. He has great pricing too.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

I just PM'ed him.

My wife's first choice is pink. So we'll see what happens.
slimdevil27
Posts: 935
Joined: Nov 12, 2011
Location: WA

Post by slimdevil27 »

shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

slimdevil27 wrote:One for her....



And one for you...


You're welcome.
I saw the same brands on Amazon as well. The ebay price is better (shipped). I ask here first to support members. ;)
slimdevil27
Posts: 935
Joined: Nov 12, 2011
Location: WA

Post by slimdevil27 »

What the second link wasn't support enough?
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

slimdevil27 wrote:What the second link wasn't support enough?
The school comp blocks it for some reason. No clue what it says.
slimdevil27
Posts: 935
Joined: Nov 12, 2011
Location: WA

Post by slimdevil27 »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ouch, that hurts.....

It's better that way.....
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

slimdevil27 wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ouch, that hurts.....

It's better that way.....
Went outside to check on my phone. That made me :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

Subscribed for shenanigans.
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

It isn't really clear if it is pink or yellow.
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

oldskool wrote:Subscribed for shenanigans.
That was just too funny. Glad I was here. :rofl:
Soco
Posts: 1320
Joined: Jun 01, 2006
Location: Annapolis, MD

Post by Soco »

WilNJ wrote:
Soco wrote:epoxy a bunch of kittens all over the outside she'll love it. I guarantee it or your money back.
Or Hello Kitty stickers, for some JDM/anime style.

Only kidding, I speak from jealousy in that my wife isn't interested in driving a classic.
I meant more the meowing, likes-food-and-water kind. Its interactive!
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

I might have some in my garage I'd send to you for the shipping cost. I'm slammed right now but will take a look later.

EDIT: Its 16" by 6 1/4"
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

I really should be working right now...

Image

Image
slimdevil27
Posts: 935
Joined: Nov 12, 2011
Location: WA

Post by slimdevil27 »

And one for you...
I saw the same brands on Amazon as well. The ebay price is better (shipped).
:shock:

Yeah but the real question is....

Does it count as a hypotenuse?

Just sayin.....it might fit.
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

rmiddendorf wrote:I really should be working right now...
If he goes for the pink instead of yellow, I'll gladly trade you some beer at Vintage for that film.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

mooseheadm5 wrote:
rmiddendorf wrote:I really should be working right now...
If he goes for the pink instead of yellow, I'll gladly trade you some beer at Vintage for that film.
I shall bring it to The Vintage then if he passes.
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

How thick is that film Rodney?
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

mooseheadm5 wrote:
rmiddendorf wrote:I really should be working right now...
If he goes for the pink instead of yellow, I'll gladly trade you some beer at Vintage for that film.
Take nothing less than Spaten. ;)

Image
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

1st 5er wrote:How thick is that film Rodney?
Oh its thick IMO. I think it also has adhesive backing. I know there's a peel off layer.
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

rmiddendorf wrote:
1st 5er wrote:How thick is that film Rodney?
Oh its thick IMO.


:rofl:
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

1st 5er wrote:
rmiddendorf wrote:
1st 5er wrote:How thick is that film Rodney?
Oh its thick IMO.


:rofl:
I'm afraid I left my film thickness measuring tool in my other jacket...
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

rmiddendorf wrote:
1st 5er wrote:
rmiddendorf wrote:
1st 5er wrote:How thick is that film Rodney?
Oh its thick IMO.


:rofl:
I'm afraid I left my film thickness measuring tool in my other jacket...
I gotcha! I've gotta get one of those.
Post Reply