White House Tour

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

White House Tour

Post by Duke »

I applied months ago for a White House tour when I am in Washington in a couple of weeks. Just got the email confirming that I am in. Its a self guided tour and should be quite interesting.

Man, there are lots of rules to follow.
alijonny
Posts: 5612
Joined: Apr 09, 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by alijonny »

make sure not to take a dump for like a week and clog a toilet.
I mean, you will have an awesome story to tell for the rest of your life.
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

Say "hi" to Barry Otero for us!
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

BTDT :cool:
Mike W.
Posts: 27986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

Yep, I got a White House tour once upon a time. IIRC back then you showed up, got in line and that was that. I didn't even have an ID if it had been required. Times have changed since the early 60's. :shock:
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

ask where the bathroom is an poop in the upper tank.
You will be an hero :3
alijonny
Posts: 5612
Joined: Apr 09, 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by alijonny »

1st 5er wrote:BTDT :cool:
This guy is my hero. :rofl: if by btdt, he waited a week to take a "DUKE" in the white house.
djazz
Posts: 2541
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Foat Wuth, Texas

Post by djazz »

1st 5er wrote:BTDT :cool:
Which part?

:pics!:

:rofl:

That goes for you too, Duke. Have fun!
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Guess I need to start...
quoting
... in every post. :oops:
alijonny
Posts: 5612
Joined: Apr 09, 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by alijonny »

1st 5er wrote:Guess I need to start...
quoting
... in every post. :oops:
SO YOU DID! YOU WIN!!!
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 15846
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Connecticut

Post by Jeremy »

Mike W. wrote:Times have changed since the early 90's. :shock:
FTFY. That's when I did the White House tour, and my memory of the process is the same as yours.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Took a email to my congressman, submitting info for background check. There is a long list of prohibited items.......it's so bad that if you get a boner, you will be arrested for having a pointed item.

Cameras and recording devices are on the list.
BDK
Posts: 5291
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by BDK »

Sweet, that should be fun!!!

Leave a Mye28.com sticker somewhere, that would be a hoot...

Tell the President I said,

"Wassup!? :rockon:"
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Re: White House Tour

Post by 1st 5er »

Duke wrote:...White House tour... I am in.
Uniform or civies?
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Re: White House Tour

Post by Duke »

1st 5er wrote:
Duke wrote:...White House tour... I am in.
Uniform or civies?
Civies. Slacks and a tie.
RonW
Posts: 5324
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by RonW »

Mike W. wrote:Times have changed since the early 90's. :shock:
Jeremy wrote:FTFY. That's when I did the White House tour, and my memory of the process is the same as yours.
Make it the late '90s, during the Clinton Impeachment, and it was still the same - that's when I went. Never got to see the Oval Office, though.

I was in the Capitol Rotunda when the Articles of Impeachment were officially handed over to the Senate, and I got into the Senate gallery during the trial. Supposedly you needed a special ticket to get in, due to the impeachment, but I just walked into a Senator's office - any Senator - and got a generic Senate visitor's pass. I got on line outside, and eventually got in. No big deal. This was probably because of the miserable weather - there were more reporters looking for interviews than people on line.
John in VA
Posts: 5367
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Leesburg, VA

Post by John in VA »

Things have probably changed since 9/11, but the tour with the clearance from your senator or congressman used to get you a better & longer look.
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

My wife had the "inside" insider tour. Her brother ate dinner with Clinton. Their Grandmother was a congresswoman and made it happen. I prefer Jeffersonian times when it comes to my Whitehouse.
Cheesy
Posts: 47
Joined: Jan 24, 2010
Location: North County San Diego

Post by Cheesy »

I went on a tour when our high school USMC JROTC (yes, I was one of those) went to D.C. for a parade back in the 80's. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately I was having to hop around up and down stairs since I had a broken leg and I was on crutches. Even more unfortunate, I missed a hop and spilled down an entire flight of stairs. There were Secret Service guys boiling out like ants. Nothing hurt but pride, but it was a bit funny.
carnutdallas
Posts: 1915
Joined: Apr 13, 2008
Location: Frisco, TX
Contact:

Post by carnutdallas »

Did it in 1986 as a Freshman in high school. I was part of a mock politics camp for high school students from all over the US. We spent time in all 3 branches of the government. We used the underground walkways from the Capital, to Senate and Congressional offices, the Pentagon tram, Executive offices - every cool thing you could imagine for a freshman in high school or any US Citizen to experience. I wish I could remember more. It was an incredible 2 weeks in my life!

The White House was amazing. We got an insiders tour and saw it all accept for the private residence - well more than you can probably see today ;) It is such a blurr in time now. I can not imagine the security and back ground you had to go through. Congratulations and have fun. -Rob
Post Reply