My "Torque of the Town" article

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

My "Torque of the Town" article

Post by 1st 5er »

Torque_of_the_Town.pdf
This was published in our local CCA Fall 2011 rag.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

If somebody knows how and is willing to post the individual pages here for viewing, I'd appreciate it along with the "how to" info.

Enjoy...
Last edited by 1st 5er on Dec 06, 2011 7:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Mike W.
Posts: 27986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

How to... I thought I had a program in which I could open a .pdf and save it to a .jpg, but that was on the old computer. So I did a snapshot in Adobe Reader, it's a right click option, pasted it into Irfanview and saved it as a .jpg. Then onto Peter's uploader where I put them up on the 'net. I saved them in ok resolution, not max to save space.
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Thanks Mike.
I owe you a, or is it another, :beer: .
djazz
Posts: 2541
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Foat Wuth, Texas

Post by djazz »

Great read. I'd quote for truth but that how-to sounded like a lot of work. ;)

Reminds me of the first 5erFest here in Ft. Worth. There were maybe thirty-six E12s and E2Bs. I so lusted after Duke's euro beauty. Even more importantly, that was my first taste of the "BMW Community" and I was hooked. Many of those guys are still here. If memory serves, Brad didn't even make it but I enjoyed his cooking.

How can you beat fine machines, great food, and wonderful people to share the experience?

I still plan on making a TexFest at some point. :oops:

dj
MicahO
Posts: 2489
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Warwick, NY

Post by MicahO »

Great writeup!

Time is moving fast. Vintage 2012 is only 6 months away. Someday I need to get to one.....
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Thanks.
That's the way I saw it. :D
KillerPM
Posts: 3201
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by KillerPM »

Just as a heads up, planning for RTT 2012 is in the works and will be announced soon. We are going to try a different destination this year (somewhere other then Fontana Village at the Tail of the Dragon).

Details will be posted when they are available.
igotbank
Posts: 912
Joined: Aug 06, 2007
Location: NY

Post by igotbank »

MicahO wrote:Great writeup!

Time is moving fast. Vintage 2012 is only 6 months away. Someday I need to get to one.....
hell, i'd caravan too
Mark in Toronto
Posts: 2442
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
Location: Toronto

Post by Mark in Toronto »

KillerPM wrote:Just as a heads up, planning for RTT 2012 is in the works and will be announced soon. We are going to try a different destination this year (somewhere other then Fontana Village at the Tail of the Dragon).

Details will be posted when they are available.
Yep, as Pete said, next year's tour will not disappoint those who participate. RTT12 will feature all new over night destinations with some really interesting and entertaining attractions.

Stay tuned!
Mab1957
Posts: 2262
Joined: May 14, 2010
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Post by Mab1957 »

Nicely done, Sherman. :haul:

Do you have one on the 2011 Lonestar Burgers and Fives?
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Mab1957 wrote:Nicely done, Sherman. :haul:
Thanks Matt, and others.


Mab1957 wrote:Do you have one on the 2011 Lonestar Burgers and Fives?
Nope, just a thread, but LJ (Nebraska_e28) did quite a nice job summarizing his perspective on page 6.
Greg E34
Posts: 1819
Joined: Nov 24, 2008
Location: The Dirty Dime

Post by Greg E34 »

KillerPM wrote:Just as a heads up, planning for RTT 2012 is in the works and will be announced soon. We are going to try a different destination this year (somewhere other then Fontana Village at the Tail of the Dragon).

Details will be posted when they are available.
YES! :banana: :alright:

I am so looking forward to this!
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Greg E34 wrote:
KillerPM wrote:Just as a heads up, planning for RTT 2012 is in the works and will be announced soon. We are going to try a different destination this year (somewhere other then Fontana Village at the Tail of the Dragon).

Details will be posted when they are available.
YES! :banana: :alright:

I am so looking forward to this!
Ain't we all. :haul:
Post Reply