Wheel ID and 17x8 Tire Sizing

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
greentalks43
Posts: 70
Joined: Aug 07, 2011
Location: Lodi, CA

Wheel ID and 17x8 Tire Sizing

Post by greentalks43 »

The members of this forum have been a great help. I recently picked up some 17x8 wheels with 20mm offset and have been unable to identify these wheels, but have been told they were on an e34:

Image

Ive also been trying to figure out what size tires to pick up that I wont experience rubbing, I would rather not have to roll the fenders. I also have no intentions of ever lowering the car. The wheels currently have 245/45-17 tires, but I would like something not so wide. A few sizes I have in mind include:

215/45-17
225/45-17
235/40-17
235/45-17

I am open to suggestions. I am looking to somewhat maintain good ride quality.
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

225/45/17 is the correct size for use on an E28 running 17 x 8 wheels.
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Rich Euro M5 wrote:225/45/17 is the correct size for use on an E28 running 17 x 8 wheels.
+ several million.
Post Reply