Odd Vintage/RTT '11 Parts Request
Odd Vintage/RTT '11 Parts Request
First a quick story, then a quick question.
I recently purchased a set of Euro seatbelt holder upgrades from none other than Chris Kohler. (Thanks btw, they will make a huge difference on the 12-hour, windows down drive to W-S.) On doing the installation, I noticed that my passenger side B-pillar had a little black plastic cover over the 17mm top seatbelt post. To be honest, I knew both sides should have one, but I mean, how often do you notice something that 99% of the time is to the side of and behind your head?
Now, for whatever reason, its bugging me that my passenger side has one, and the driver's side does not. (I know, I could switch the side the cover is on, or remove the cover leaving them both naked, but that would be like letting the uncovered post win. And we can't have that.) While my car does have a slightly industrial look, exposed e12-style e-brake handle, no seat trim on old manual comforts, etc., I just cannot let this stand.
But by the same token, since I went 2.5+ years without really noticing, or caring about it, I also cannot justify spending any money on the part either. I'm a big boy, in time I will get over it.
But I would be thrilled if anyone has an extra one of these black plastic seatbelt post covers (look on your own b-pillar if you can't picture it), and will be at the Hawthorne, or Vintage, or on RTT '11, and wants to trade me one of these for either a beer, or some other random BMW bit I may have on me, Redline MTL manual tranny gear oil perhaps? That would be most appreciated.
Less than 60 hours to arrival in W-S. See ya there.
I recently purchased a set of Euro seatbelt holder upgrades from none other than Chris Kohler. (Thanks btw, they will make a huge difference on the 12-hour, windows down drive to W-S.) On doing the installation, I noticed that my passenger side B-pillar had a little black plastic cover over the 17mm top seatbelt post. To be honest, I knew both sides should have one, but I mean, how often do you notice something that 99% of the time is to the side of and behind your head?
Now, for whatever reason, its bugging me that my passenger side has one, and the driver's side does not. (I know, I could switch the side the cover is on, or remove the cover leaving them both naked, but that would be like letting the uncovered post win. And we can't have that.) While my car does have a slightly industrial look, exposed e12-style e-brake handle, no seat trim on old manual comforts, etc., I just cannot let this stand.
But by the same token, since I went 2.5+ years without really noticing, or caring about it, I also cannot justify spending any money on the part either. I'm a big boy, in time I will get over it.
But I would be thrilled if anyone has an extra one of these black plastic seatbelt post covers (look on your own b-pillar if you can't picture it), and will be at the Hawthorne, or Vintage, or on RTT '11, and wants to trade me one of these for either a beer, or some other random BMW bit I may have on me, Redline MTL manual tranny gear oil perhaps? That would be most appreciated.
Less than 60 hours to arrival in W-S. See ya there.
Chris, its a Catch-22. I wasn't going to remember until I looked at it, and until I got the Euro seatbelt holders I wasn't going to be looking. So there you have it.wkohler wrote:Geez, I could have thrown one in had I known. I've also got those screws that ldsbeaker needs, but the catch is I won't be at the Vintage despite folks' generous offers.
LDSBeaker I'll ask my dad. He's leaving tomorrow after work so I'm not sure how much time he's going to have. But I'm fairly certain he has the toolkit screws at a minimum.
Killer thing is that he doesn't have any extras for the damn fiddly bit that I need.
Caravan of one perhaps. We tend to not see any other old BMWs until arrival, except for the occasional commuter. Our main goal is avoiding NYC/New Jersey commuter traffic. We plan on leaving my little slice on the crust of New England around 4:30 tomorrow morning. Realistically, that means we'll be on the road by 5:00.
Heading will be more or less on this route.
Breakfast at Wegman's and gas in PA mid-morning. Lunch at Five Guys and gas in VA between 12 and 1. Then something slightly different for us, getting off of I-81 at Roanoke and taking US-220 into W-S.
If there is a chance you're going to be in the area at a time close to when we should be rolling through, shoot me a PM with your cellphone number.
Heading will be more or less on this route.
Breakfast at Wegman's and gas in PA mid-morning. Lunch at Five Guys and gas in VA between 12 and 1. Then something slightly different for us, getting off of I-81 at Roanoke and taking US-220 into W-S.
If there is a chance you're going to be in the area at a time close to when we should be rolling through, shoot me a PM with your cellphone number.
As you can tell by the post timing, it's NOT an emergency, more of an unresolved parts thing that I thought I had done something about... Why I didn't get them at the junkyard myself while down in W-S... :shrug:shagrath wrote:Adam how soon do you need these?
I got everything else I "needed"...
Anyway, my toolkit is rolling around in the trunk of the e28 for now, and I've raped headlight screws from my e30.
It's cool, man. I REALLY wasn't trying to "call you out" or anything, I PROMISE. I just don't have this stuff laying around, I thought somebody might, and it's easy stuff.a wrote:![]()
![]()
I don't care where the hell it comes from. As long as there's a return address, I can post a few bucks back in lieu of a tasty beverage.

