535is Restoration !

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
eyelykeknives
Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 04, 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA

535is Restoration !

Post by eyelykeknives »

Hey guys, found out about this forum a few days ago and just wanted to say hello to the community and let you guys know what's up. I have an 87 535is that's been sitting in the garage for a few years untouched and we're going to bring it to a shop whom we know well to have him bring her back to life so I can start using the car. It's in great physical condition and I hope the engine isn't too messed up either. We'll see haha. Here she is!

Image
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Looks like a nice starting point. Good luck. M30s are pretty much bulletproof motors, so it's pretty unlikely there's anything major wrong with it. That said, with these cars the cosmetics are the most important as the mechanicals are pretty simple and easily remedied - for less than you'd think.

Welcome. :D
Alfonso Bedoya
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Location: Van Isle, B.C. Canada

Post by Alfonso Bedoya »

Welcome aboard this is the most fun car I have ever owned, I will be on my third e28 in a row soon. I cannot stress regular maintenance scheduling enough, and if you don't have one yet get a Bentley(a repair guide) it will save you thousands of dollars, if you're not afraid of getting your hands a bit greasy. Also some people can be grumpy on here take them with a grain of salt.

Congrats dude enjoy "the ultimate driving machine." :alright:
eyelykeknives
Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 04, 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA

Post by eyelykeknives »

wkohler wrote:Looks like a nice starting point. Good luck. M30s are pretty much bulletproof motors, so it's pretty unlikely there's anything major wrong with it. That said, with these cars the cosmetics are the most important as the mechanicals are pretty simple and easily remedied - for less than you'd think.

Welcome. :D
Haha thanks bro! Yeah I love the build of these cars, they're hella solid.
eyelykeknives
Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 04, 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA

Post by eyelykeknives »

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Welcome aboard this is the most fun car I have ever owned, I will be on my third e28 in a row soon. I cannot stress regular maintenance scheduling enough, and if you don't have one yet get a Bentley(a repair guide) it will save you thousands of dollars, if you're not afraid of getting your hands a bit greasy. Also some people can be grumpy on here take them with a grain of salt.

Congrats dude enjoy "the ultimate driving machine." :alright:
Thanks man! What happened to the first 2? Yeah I'll definitely be doing strict maintenances and keeping track cause I might possibly be commuting a small distance with this car for school, so I'll have to make sure everything's good haha I've heard of Bentleys I'll probably look into getting one !
E.rouzbeh.28
Posts: 760
Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Location: Bay Area

Post by E.rouzbeh.28 »

You're from NorCal, aren't you?
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

E.rouzbeh.28 wrote:You're from NorCal, aren't you?
Did the use of "bro" and "hella" tip you off? :laugh:
eyelykeknives
Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 04, 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA

Post by eyelykeknives »

E.rouzbeh.28 wrote:You're from NorCal, aren't you?
Hahaha was it the hella?? No I'm from SoCal but my sister lives in NorCal and I have some friends and family up there, maybe that's why that word came to my tongue haha!
E.rouzbeh.28
Posts: 760
Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Location: Bay Area

Post by E.rouzbeh.28 »

Haha, yep. Well, welcome aboard. Looks like you have a nice car to start with.
Mr.ProjectCar535
Posts: 1068
Joined: Sep 27, 2010
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by Mr.ProjectCar535 »

wkohler wrote:
E.rouzbeh.28 wrote:You're from NorCal, aren't you?
Did the use of "bro" and "hella" tip you off? :laugh:
Haha that's what had me thinking it.

Welcome to the board dude, very nice 5 you have there. Interested to see what's gonna be done to it since it's already so clean.
Post Reply