TCD'd 535i (E34 kind) to enter One Lap of America

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Kamil
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Boston

TCD'd 535i (E34 kind) to enter One Lap of America

Post by Kamil »

Hello,

Does anyone here remember me? I used to own an E28 M5 which has later changed hands in between some forum members and was eventually parted out (I think, not really sure).

Regardless, I have moved on to an E34 535iM, then a E46 325i, and finally a super rare E39 525iT with sport package and manual transmission. That car was replaced by a rather boring but damn reliable Acura MDX. In between all that I have started a little car website.

Moving on, I think everyone here loves (or at least used to?) TCD. A friend of mine is entering a TDC'd '89 535i in One Lap of America. They are in search of sponsors and I am trying to help them out by writing a little piece on it.

Check out the awesome car, I am sure that some of you are familiar with it, and let me know what you think of it:

http://www.carguydad.com/getting-ready- ... f-america/

Image
Kamil
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Boston

Post by Kamil »

Crap, I mean to post this in general forum. :(
cvillebimmer
Posts: 2043
Joined: May 29, 2008
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Post by cvillebimmer »

Nice looking car! Just PM a beamter and ask them to move it for you.
Coldswede
Posts: 6859
Joined: Oct 10, 2008
Location: Back U.P. North,. Where the water's blue, the wind is free and seasons four.

Post by Coldswede »

This car makes me all warm and fuzzy, ... but then I always get that way when I'm looking for my helmet.


The very best of luck with the One Lap! :up:
bkbimmer
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mar 02, 2007
Location: Portland, Or.

Post by bkbimmer »

I like it, its not every day you see a red e34 :)
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

How about a set of these:
Image

I have one set left.
http://mooseheadengineering.com/parts/s ... -bushings/
demetk
Posts: 8433
Joined: Aug 09, 2007
Location: CT, USA

Re: TCD'd 535i (E34 kind) to enter One Lap of America

Post by demetk »

Kamil wrote:Hello,

Does anyone here remember me? I used to own an E28 M5 which has later changed hands in between some forum members and was eventually parted out (I think, not really sure).

Regardless, I have moved on to an E34 535iM, then a E46 325i, and finally a super rare E39 525iT with sport package and manual transmission. That car was replaced by a rather boring but damn reliable Acura MDX. In between all that I have started a little car website.

Moving on, I think everyone here loves (or at least used to?) TCD. A friend of mine is entering a TDC'd '89 535i in One Lap of America. They are in search of sponsors and I am trying to help them out by writing a little piece on it.

Check out the awesome car, I am sure that some of you are familiar with it, and let me know what you think of it:

http://www.carguydad.com/getting-ready- ... f-america/

Image
I knew by the hood pic that it had to be Redfive's car.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... ht=redfive

I have some of his old parts in my e34. A very nice guy who is totally into his beamer. Best of luck Justin.
Scottinva
Posts: 3663
Joined: Dec 07, 2008
Location: Norfolk, Virginia

Post by Scottinva »

Great looking car! I approve, hopefully some video will come from this.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

I always thought it would be cool as heck to do a One Lap. I remember reading about it in High School and dreaming of grabbing a car and just going. C & D took an old Prelude there once and managed to keep it running the whole time.

Really cool E34 there too. Best of luck to ya- sorry I can't help though!
davintosh
Posts: 13965
Joined: Jan 28, 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Post by davintosh »

Boy, do the e34s look nice in Hellahot Red. Looks like the machine is up to the task. :up:
SD45T-2

Post by SD45T-2 »

bkbimmer wrote:I like it, its not every day you see a red e34 :)
Theres one next to my work,And my Friend jeff has a e34 M5 in Zinno. :)
Post Reply