E28 upholstery, carpet, headliner

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
lior_baruch
Posts: 23
Joined: Jul 19, 2010
Location: Israel

E28 upholstery, carpet, headliner

Post by lior_baruch »

Hey all,

I'm in the process of renewing everything in my car... after installing Bilsteins, front & rear sway-bars, strut bar, new front-end and steering parts, slotted and drilled brake disks and more.. it's time for interior :D

I was trying to use the search option but went lost without an answer...

Can you recommend were to buy upholstery, carpet and headliner for the E28?

My car is a 1983 with E28 M5 seats.

Thanks!

Lior.
Drake Haliday
Posts: 10
Joined: Feb 06, 2011

Post by Drake Haliday »

I restore all sorts of cars, and have now for years but just recently got an addiction towards BMW. For me here in the US we have all sorts of interior shops that can reupholster seats headliners and carpets, they will make it from raw materials even the seat foam if it is not available. All the plastic or chrome trim parts we have to find from nice donor vehicles, but the soft materials can just be redone
lior_baruch
Posts: 23
Joined: Jul 19, 2010
Location: Israel

Post by lior_baruch »

Drake Haliday wrote:I restore all sorts of cars, and have now for years but just recently got an addiction towards BMW. For me here in the US we have all sorts of interior shops that can reupholster seats headliners and carpets, they will make it from raw materials even the seat foam if it is not available. All the plastic or chrome trim parts we have to find from nice donor vehicles, but the soft materials can just be redone
I did try that with local shops but the prices were outrages and not reasonable (due to the Recaro like seats.. they claimed it's a lot of work, maybe true but I need to find alternatives...).

So... anywhere those can be bought new? :)

Thanks,

Lior.
RetiredDoc
Posts: 1319
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Aiken SC

Post by RetiredDoc »

Here is a source for carpets and headliners.

http://www.worlduph.com/

I hope that you are restoring the car for your own pleasure. Other than perhaps the M5, these cars are not appreciating assets, but are really liabilities.

As are most things in life. Pleasures perhaps, but liabilities until they are gone. Sort of like children.

I got a virtual $50,000 pay raise the day my daughter graduated from law school and found a job.
Patrick McHugh
Posts: 4163
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by Patrick McHugh »

lior_baruch wrote:
Drake Haliday wrote:I restore all sorts of cars, and have now for years but just recently got an addiction towards BMW. For me here in the US we have all sorts of interior shops that can reupholster seats headliners and carpets, they will make it from raw materials even the seat foam if it is not available. All the plastic or chrome trim parts we have to find from nice donor vehicles, but the soft materials can just be redone
I did try that with local shops but the prices were outrages and not reasonable (due to the Recaro like seats.. they claimed it's a lot of work, maybe true but I need to find alternatives...).

So... anywhere those can be bought new? :)

Thanks,

Lior.
"outrage" and "unreasonable" are pretty subjective terms for someone who doesn't know much about interior work. It is a lot of work!
Post Reply