So my little brother is getting a Pete McHenry...PIX

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

So my little brother is getting a Pete McHenry...PIX

Post by Zach716 »

My little brother is getting a Pete McHenry 2.8 e30 and I'm jealous. If you don't know who Pete is, google him.This car is sick and he swears its faster than his e36 M3. Needless to say, I'm super excited to have a Pete McHenry car in my driveway, even if its not mine. Ill put pictures up when I go home for spring break next week.
Last edited by Zach716 on Feb 23, 2011 11:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.
WilNJ
Posts: 4193
Joined: Aug 12, 2009
Location: North Jersey

Re: So my little brother is getting a Pete McHenry...

Post by WilNJ »

Zach716 wrote:My little brother is getting a Pete McHenry 2.8 e30 and I'm jealous. If you don't know who Pete is, google him.This car is sick and he swears its faster than his e36 M3. Needless to say, I'm super excited to have a Pete McHenry car in my driveway, even if its not mine. Ill put pictures up when I go home for spring break next week.
I'd never heard the name either until a few months ago when I came across it on another forum.

When I googled him, this was one of the first hits I found.

http://www.bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3807
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

Post by Zach716 »

Yea I never met him but I became good friends with his son John a few months after Pete passed away.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

My condolences.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

Condolences as well. Could this car become very rare and valuable at some point? On par with an Alpina? Just posing the question.
L_N_Love
Posts: 4106
Joined: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Richmond VA

Post by L_N_Love »

He was a great guy. I met him at a Korman open house years ago. I spoke to him once on the phone about swapping a 3.5 into my E12.
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

L_N_Love wrote:He was a great guy.
You think so? Track down "Ken H." the owner of Lucifer's Hammer and see what he has to say about the man.

Rich

Edit: I had my names mixed up, as Duke pointed out, it was Henry Lawrence, not Pete McHenry. My apologies to the McHenry family for my error.
Last edited by Rich Euro M5 on Feb 19, 2011 6:35 PM, edited 2 times in total.
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

rmiddendorf wrote:Could this car become very rare and valuable at some point? On par with an Alpina?
I don't believe so. BMW engine builders and tuners are not that rare. Only a few become iconic, and the ones that do are almost always highly involved in professional motorsports.

Rich
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

I asked Ken and he had this to say:
Ken H. wrote:...
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

wkohler wrote:I asked Ken and he had this to say:
Ken H. wrote:...
It's too bad Ken deleted all of his posts about Lucifer's Hammer.
Rich

Edited: To correct my mistake.
Last edited by Rich Euro M5 on Feb 19, 2011 7:21 PM, edited 3 times in total.
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

:popcorn:

:pics!:


:hijack:
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

oldskool wrote::popcorn:

:pics!:


:hijack:
I doubt we'll see photos of the car Zach is talking about. But I may be proven wrong.

Rich
Last edited by Rich Euro M5 on Feb 19, 2011 7:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Rich Euro M5 wrote:You think so? Track down "Ken H." the owner of Lucifer's Hammer and see what he has to say about the man.
Wrong guy Rich.....it was Henry Lawrence of Power Plant that took Ken for $45,000.
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

As the plot thickens, :popcorn: .
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

Duke wrote:
Rich Euro M5 wrote:You think so? Track down "Ken H." the owner of Lucifer's Hammer and see what he has to say about the man.
Wrong guy Rich.....it was Henry Lawrence of Power Plant that took Ken for $45,000.
My bad. :oops:

I'll make the appropriate corrections.

Rich
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

Post by Zach716 »

Rich Euro M5 wrote:
oldskool wrote::popcorn:

:pics!:


:hijack:
I doubt we'll see photos of the car Zach is talking about. But I may be proven wrong.

Rich

Image
Image
Image
Image
Rich Euro M5
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Klein, Texas

Post by Rich Euro M5 »

Bravo Zach for proving me wrong. :clap:
It's a very nice looking E30, but what's the deal with the missing shifter knob?

Rich
Image
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

Post by Zach716 »

Rich Euro M5 wrote:Bravo Zach for proving me wrong. :clap:
It's a very nice looking E30, but what's the deal with the missing shifter knob?

Rich
Image
uh, i dont know, i guess he hasnt gotten one. my brother just text me those pictures a few hours ago, I havent even seen the car at my house yet becuase my spring break doesnt start until friday.
Post Reply