Anyone in/near Davenport, IA?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
graphite
Posts: 1344
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Worcester, MA

Anyone in/near Davenport, IA?

Post by graphite »

Pick me up one of the parking meters the city is (planning on) selling for $45. Need some more garage decorations. :banana:
jhall
Posts: 909
Joined: Feb 16, 2007
Location: Albany IL, 61230

Post by jhall »

I don't think they annouced the actual sale yet. I'm in the area if it does happen.

Of course I could get you one a la Cool Hand Luke...
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Post by johnnye23 »

I would love one of these for my bar if you can make it happen count me in !!!
mitch
Posts: 961
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Wheaton, IL

Post by mitch »

No idea what you're talking about, but I have family there. Can you 'splain?

EDIT: just found the story. I'm heading to Des Moines later this month for Baconfest, so assuming they go on sale before then I may be able to work out getting some bought in advance and brought back for shipping from Chicago.
graphite
Posts: 1344
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Worcester, MA

Post by graphite »

Well when they do go on sale if someone is organizing a "group buy" then put me down for one.
slammin_e28
Posts: 6140
Joined: Aug 05, 2007
Location: 24477

Post by slammin_e28 »

I'm in!

1) Graphite
2) Slammin_e28

:rofl:
mitch
Posts: 961
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Wheaton, IL

Post by mitch »

Wonder what it would cost to ship one...they've gotta be pretty damn heavy.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Flat rate Bocks.
graphite
Posts: 1344
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Worcester, MA

Post by graphite »

Not sure if its just the top or with the pole that they'd be selling it. Just the top wouldnt be bad to ship. I'd prefer to have the whole thing if that was an option. Chance I might be headed out to Cedar Rapids in the near future so I might just be close enough to take care of this myself.
Kirra384
Posts: 102
Joined: Oct 09, 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD

Post by Kirra384 »

I remember being in San Diego years ago and they were selling the parking meters with poles still attached. Would have been an interesting trip through airport security for sure.
graphite
Posts: 1344
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Worcester, MA

Post by graphite »

hah.. yeah I wonder what the aiport policy on that is. I'd love to see someone walk in with just a parking meter on a pole as their carry on and see what they do.
Kirra384
Posts: 102
Joined: Oct 09, 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD

Post by Kirra384 »

I'm picturing some type of scene vagueley resembling the "Terry Tate - Office Linebacker" sketch, but maybe im dramatic?
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 9142
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Contact:

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

Darn, that's a 3 hour drive for me. :bawl:
Post Reply