what do you do

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Khyber
Posts: 96
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Post by Khyber »

Corner Carver wrote:
Khyber wrote:
Corner Carver wrote:Mad scientist and reality TV Star :banana:
yeah. just wait.
For what?
Just funny you should mention those two things.
David Hunt
Posts: 551
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Bloomington, IN

Post by David Hunt »

oldskool wrote:I am a radish farmer. (Don't laugh or you'll be looking at a radish shortage and it WON'T be pretty).
You'd be kinda surprised the money you can make with all the fertilizers, greenhouses, barbed wire and Hispanic folks milling about. Throw in a college town and the beach. . . Wait! Why the hell am I driving a 23 year old BMW? Oh yeah, they frowned at the duffle bag of cash at the Mercedes dealer.
OH, yeah...how much for an ounce of radish?
David Hunt
Posts: 551
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Bloomington, IN

Post by David Hunt »

And...Electronics Technician, light bulb changer and recycling snark.
Prior to that, civil service reworking F-18, and 12 yrs int he Navy playing with H-60, E-2/C-2 and F-14s.
I HATE the smell of JP-5.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

David Hunt wrote:And...Electronics Technician, light bulb changer and recycling snark.
Prior to that, civil service reworking F-18, and 12 yrs int he Navy playing with H-60, E-2/C-2 and F-14s.
I HATE the smell of JP-5.
Oooo, a techie! (AT)

I love JP-5!

What commands were you with in the Navy? What Hornets were you working with (C-D or E-F)? I was in VF-143 (later VFA-143, F/A-18E as an AE).
GrahamB
Posts: 402
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Tx

Post by GrahamB »

I put holes in the ground........






...and piss off hippy liberals.


Graham
stuartinmn
Posts: 9757
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Minneapolis

Post by stuartinmn »

Electrical engineer at a consulting firm.
GregB
Posts: 422
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Marietta,GA & Beaufort,SC

Post by GregB »

Brad D. wrote:I'm a mechanical engineer that does engine research and development for a lot of major engine manufacturers. I basically run engines on dynos everyday.
That sounds like SWRI given your location
The Monster
Posts: 242
Joined: Feb 18, 2010
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Post by The Monster »

Web Developer for CBS
PrionaceGlauca
Posts: 379
Joined: Nov 11, 2010
Location: Vancouver BC

Post by PrionaceGlauca »

The Monster wrote:Web Developer for CBS
Sounds like a fun gig - lots of toys to play with?
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

Safety/Sanitation Manager for 2 hospital's Food and Nutrition Services departments.

My full time job is trying to keep the fiancee happy...cuz when she mad, errrybody mad, ya know?
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

"peoplehauler"
Khyber
Posts: 96
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Post by Khyber »

Corner Carver wrote:
Khyber wrote:
Corner Carver wrote:Mad scientist and reality TV Star :banana:
yeah. just wait.
For what?
THIS:
http://corporate.discovery.com/discover ... -guns-wil/

Press release on our new TV show.. I'm in the cast.... and I'm a scientist too.
aaront
Posts: 351
Joined: Feb 08, 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by aaront »

Graphic designer for web 'n' print 'n' stuff.
NoM54me
Posts: 305
Joined: Jan 11, 2010
Location: Fishers, IN

Post by NoM54me »

Police officer
ScottWL38
Posts: 520
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Location: Atl, GA

Post by ScottWL38 »

stuartinmn wrote:Electrical engineer at a consulting firm.
+1 And I own the company.
RetiredDoc
Posts: 1319
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Aiken SC

Re: what do you do

Post by RetiredDoc »

cddallara wrote:for like, work n' stuff?

Seriously, these cars can be $$$ suckers, how do you support the habit? :rofl:
I cash my monthly pension and social security checks.
INdPixma
Posts: 25
Joined: Jun 02, 2010

Post by INdPixma »

I work at a reputable small auto shop (been in business 43 years). Just starting my apprenticeship and have some plans to work at one of the bigger dealerships in the area. But for now access to three hoists and airtools saves me alot in labour
MannyE
Posts: 321
Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by MannyE »

Federal Worker + USN (ret).
Corner Carver
Posts: 1166
Joined: Jun 02, 2006
Location: $6,000,000 Man's Hometown

Post by Corner Carver »

Khyber wrote:
Corner Carver wrote:
Khyber wrote:
Corner Carver wrote:Mad scientist and reality TV Star :banana:
yeah. just wait.
For what?
THIS:
http://corporate.discovery.com/discover ... -guns-wil/

Press release on our new TV show.. I'm in the cast.... and I'm a scientist too.
Ha ha! Cool! Looks like a fun show!

I do work in research and I had a hand in this - http://www.bionicbuilders.com/
Post Reply