OT Feeler: MacBooks $600

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Post Reply
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

OT Feeler: MacBooks $600

Post by option00002 »

I am not certain if anyone is interested, but I can provide approx. year-old MacBooks for approx. $600 + shipping. I expect to have 40 available at present and there is nothing shady about the transaction.

Pics to follow...
SD45T-2

Post by SD45T-2 »

Interested.
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

Let us know the details, I'm in need of one.
beanzermin
Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 18, 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post by beanzermin »

Would love to get off my stupid pc. Definitly interested let me know
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

Details and pics may be provided as early as tomorrow. These are clean machines with power cords, the latest software never mind their own backpack/cozy transport bag - if you will. They are owned by the state and are related to the education _Stimulus_. Any legitimate interest is appreciated as I have to lay down a chunk of cash to purchase them.

TIA

-L

PS- I am connected on one as I write this
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Specs are needed.
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

wkohler wrote:Specs are needed.
Agreed. I am _not_ a computer guy. Here are my details and I welcome any criticism...


Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.17f0
Serial Number (system): W8735Y50Z5V
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E3477840
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
dunnojack
Posts: 523
Joined: Mar 26, 2010
Location: bay area

Post by dunnojack »

are these the white cased ones? i may be interested in one for my sister. any trade for parts possible ;)
beanzermin
Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 18, 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post by beanzermin »

what is the hard drive size?
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

dunnojack wrote:are these the white cased ones? i may be interested in one for my sister. any trade for parts possible ;)
Yes, white cased. As I understand it the premium version. I welcome correction...

Pics by Thurs. I have a front loaded week...
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

The black ones were the higher-end models, at least initially. Pretty sure after enough time passed, they just let you choose what you wanted.
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

beanzermin wrote:what is the hard drive size?
Walk me through that assessment. I had hoped the aforementioned specs addressed that.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

It isn't listed there. If you "command" click on the hard drive, then select "Get Info" it will tell you the total formatted capacity of the drive. I have a 160 GB in my MacBook Pro. It shows up as 148.73 GB.
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

wkohler wrote:The black ones were the higher-end models, at least initially. Pretty sure after enough time passed, they just let you choose what you wanted.
Make no mistake this is not a MacBookPro. You could not get this in black from my experience. Pics to come...
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

option00002 wrote:
wkohler wrote:The black ones were the higher-end models, at least initially. Pretty sure after enough time passed, they just let you choose what you wanted.
Make no mistake this is not a MacBookPro. You could not get this in black from my experience. Pics to come...
I never said it was. You said MacBook. Also the specs you cite are for a MacBook. The MacBook Pro was only available in an aluminum case. You could get MacBooks in white or black. Pretty sure you still can.
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

wkohler wrote:It isn't listed there. If you "command" click on the hard drive, then select "Get Info" it will tell you the total formatted capacity of the drive. I have a 160 GB in my MacBook Pro. It shows up as 148.73 GB.
Thanks, Chris.

Cap: 74. GB
Avail: 50.77 GB
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

So, that's an 80 GB drive.
rodwerx
Posts: 13
Joined: Dec 25, 2007
Location: White Oak, Texas 75693

MacBook Specs

Post by rodwerx »

The following is a link to the Apple MacBook 13 (mid-2007) specs. From Serial # provided.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP18

Hope this helps.
Allan
SD45T-2

Post by SD45T-2 »

Yes i am still interested looking to replace my first gen powerbook g4.
m30power535
Posts: 166
Joined: Jan 29, 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Post by m30power535 »

interested
Sparkeysf
Posts: 171
Joined: Feb 09, 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post by Sparkeysf »

I'm definitely interested. My wife needs a new laptop. When do you expect to have them?
Dexter
Posts: 737
Joined: Oct 24, 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Post by Dexter »

Interested in 1 or 2. Let me know when you think you would have them
warezdog
Posts: 379
Joined: Aug 17, 2010
Location: The Nations Capital

Post by warezdog »

I would most likely buy one for my daughter if they were $600 shipped.
warezdog
Posts: 379
Joined: Aug 17, 2010
Location: The Nations Capital

Post by warezdog »

anything ever become of this? Christmas will be here before you know it and it would make a great present for my daughter.
Post Reply