535 chip

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
balticblau
Posts: 116
Joined: Jan 29, 2009
Location: nor cal, bay area

535 chip

Post by balticblau »

browsing around e-bay, i noticed 2 or 3 off name chips ranging from 35$-80$, each claiming 20 horses. so are these a joke ? what chip works the best in a 535 ?
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

In the end who cares if its a clone, but you wont get 20 HP from a chip. i would just buy a used mark d chip or jim c chip so you know which one you are getting. otherwise you dont know WHAT you are getting.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

SRSLY. You think the eBay guy is going to stand behind his stolen chip? Not likely.
Brad D.
Posts: 10735
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Post by Brad D. »

Buy the read deal from Mark D., not some stolen software that is of dubious tune.
smootch
Posts: 557
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
Location: Roxborough, CO

Post by smootch »

Oh I say definatly go for the ebay chip and keep us posted on the results over time ;)
IPM
Posts: 190
Joined: Feb 28, 2009
Location: Sedalia Mo 65301

Post by IPM »

smootch wrote:Oh I say definatly go for the ebay chip and keep us posted on the results over time ;)
ditto, I've bought the cheap ebay chips, dumped the contents and found a copy of a big name tune...............
Brad D.
Posts: 10735
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Post by Brad D. »

IPM wrote:
smootch wrote:Oh I say definatly go for the ebay chip and keep us posted on the results over time ;)
ditto, I've bought the cheap ebay chips, dumped the contents and found a copy of a big name tune...............
If it's a Dinan(or a copy), it's not that impressive anyway.
jimoreno
Posts: 1662
Joined: Aug 30, 2007
Location: Land O Lakes, FL

Post by jimoreno »

I just installed a Turner Motorsport (a.k.a. Jim Comforti) this Saturday since I've had it for about a year and was fixing my stuck glove box. The car feels more "smooth" now both at idle and running. I can't tell you that it has added much horsepower but it has improved the overall feeling of the car greatly. Plus for some weird coincidence my MPG (OBC) is actually going UP!
cbusM30
Posts: 128
Joined: Feb 11, 2009

Post by cbusM30 »

i have a dinan clone in my 325's eta. so far, it's the best $40 i've spent on the car. i have no basis for comparison to a higher quality chip, but it beats the hell out of the stock cpu. i also get better mpg. i was thinking about finding one for the 535. why not try, it's not very expensive.
Post Reply