hesitation

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
e281985
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mar 23, 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

hesitation

Post by e281985 »

this only happens on the first start up but, i back out of my driveway, and then when i put it into first and start up, sometimes it gets going and then stays at low RPM and then gets going again. ive never had it stall out because of this, and other than that the car runs beautifull. just a side note, i just had the fuel pressure regulator replaced a month or so ago, so it shouldnt be that, and it is only the first start up of the day. thanks in advance
duggi
Posts: 2427
Joined: Apr 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Post by duggi »

hey! my '84 528e does the same thing! Although I've taken no steps in diagnosing it... same exact symptom and only on first cold start of the day... interesting. I'll be watching this thread...
rams
Posts: 118
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Location: seattle

Post by rams »

my 533i did it yeserday.
Area 52
Posts: 498
Joined: Apr 21, 2008
Location: Chino Hills, CA

Post by Area 52 »

Mine does it too because it is too lean on initial start. I just threw a voltmeter on my oxy sensor and found the AFM was set too lean. I cranked in the screw 3/4 turn to get an average volt reading of 0.5 (hot engine) and then hooked it back up to the ECU. I'll see how it does tomorrow morning and report back results.
Post Reply