WOT: When traditional Irish music meets Bluegrass (Video)...

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
RobbieR
Posts: 1608
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Woodstock, GA

WOT: When traditional Irish music meets Bluegrass (Video)...

Post by RobbieR »

Absolutely beautiful.

Allison Krauss singing a very old Irish tune called "Molly Ban (Bawn)" with The Chieftains. First printing of this song was around 1799.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xOpY0wQdJ5w
a
Posts: 12473
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Marshfield ,MA

Post by a »

thanks, she dun good. Blue grass , and celtic stuff go together like rock+roll
GregATL
Posts: 792
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Appomattox Va

Post by GregATL »

My mother spent a summer in Ireland awhile back. She asked me if I wanted anything form there and I told her to find some bagpipes. She didn't get them but I still think I'd like some. Right after the Banjo, Piano, and standup bass. I already have the washtub for my washtub bass.

Thanks for sharing that.
runningpanda
Posts: 2629
Joined: Jul 18, 2007
Location: frederick maryland

Post by runningpanda »

How much do you think that guy in the background hitting the drum got paid? :laugh:
GregATL
Posts: 792
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Appomattox Va

Post by GregATL »

runningpanda wrote:How much do you think that guy in the background hitting the drum got paid? :laugh:
I can assure you not nearly enough.
Post Reply