Is there a list of what all DINAN did to the E28's?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Is there a list of what all DINAN did to the E28's?

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

Like the topic title says, im looking for a complete list of things that DINAN did while they were selling things for the E28...
ie: strut brace, sway bars, etc...

thanks
BudFox
Posts: 655
Joined: Feb 07, 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by BudFox »

You may have seen this from Dinan's website - it's the only place I know of to get a complete description.
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

thanks! thats exactly what i was looking for 8)
mogie
Posts: 2575
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Norwalk, CT

Post by mogie »

Thats only a list of what they do now though isn't it?
BKCowGod3
Posts: 2634
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Contact:

Post by BKCowGod3 »

Yah, I don't see the turbocharger on there.
mogie
Posts: 2575
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Norwalk, CT

Post by mogie »

There's a bunch of stuff that isn't on there that they did in the past
Ken H.
Posts: 1819
Joined: Dec 04, 2006
Location: Suburban Gomorrah

Post by Ken H. »

I don't think this is complete, but IIRC they offered:

turbo for the M30 motor (50-state legal)
turbo for the S38 ("off-road" only)
92 mm stroker modification for the S38
cams for both the M30 and the S38
exhaust cam gear
suspension mods--stages I thru IV. This included shocks, springs, elimination of the SLS, adjustable rear trailing arms, upgraded sway bars.
front stress bar
brake modification: Stage I was basically the single-pot fronts from the 850i. Stage II added upgraded rears; I think these were the E34 540i setup.
3-piece forged wheels (these were very nice, BTW)

These bits are in addition to the items still listed on the Dinan website.
alpinass
Posts: 2979
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA>

I'd check with

Post by alpinass »

SIMON - He has a 14 point DINAN car. You earned points for the DINAN products that were purchased/installed. Once you earned 10 points you earned a DINAN rear badge.

Back in the day there where not many DINAN authorized dealers.

I think I have an old catalog - the biggie was the Turbo kit/installation.
$14,995.00

Suspension combo's :Stage I, II, III, IV (adjustable rear subframe).
Intake
BIG brakes.
CHIP
Exhaust
Strut braces
Gauge package
Modular wheels
jamestr
Posts: 56
Joined: Oct 11, 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Post by jamestr »

Complete List:
M5
Performance bushings
Big Brakes
3-Piece Modular Wheels
Wheel Spacers
Stage I, II, III, IV Suspensions
Strut Braces
Gauge Packages
Performance Pressure Plate
Engine Chip
Cam Sprocket
3.9L Stroker Engine : 341 hp, 348 lbs/ft.
Stage II 3.9L Stroker: 365 hp, 366 lbs/ft.
Turbo Engine: 468 hp, 470 lbs/ft. @12.5 psi

535i, same as above plus:
Intake Manifold
Exhaust
Auto. Trans. Shift Kit
Limited Slips
Turbo Engine: 383 hp, 433 lbs/ft @ 11.5 psi
Dinan e28
Posts: 3343
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Portland Oregon
Contact:

Post by Dinan e28 »

I think you guys got it all. I also have Dinan mats. :lol:
They also made a rear strut brace. Ill find my old catalogs and post them some day.
alpinass
Posts: 2979
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA>

Hey Simon

Post by alpinass »

Was it 10 points earned you a rear badge?
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Re: Hey Simon

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

alpinass wrote:Was it 10 points earned you a rear badge?
yes sir, and give me a call tonight ^_~
TodB
Posts: 489
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Canton, MA

Dinan

Post by TodB »

they also stroked the M30 to 3.7L (not many though).
Post Reply