An interesting Labor Day weekend so far...

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

An interesting Labor Day weekend so far...

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

If it's over 100 degrees, humid and the Labor Day weekend in So. Cal., what do you do? Go to the REI Labor Day weekend sale. Of course, I need another pair of flip flops, so I get a pair of Reefs at well under $30... :D This pair doesn't come with the arch supports um...oh...beer bottle openers.

Then I go to the USC-Idaho game and per my custom, every year I go to a game I get me some sort of USC shirt. Here's a picture of my purchases this weekend (for a certain Beamter ;) )

Image

I wake up this morning to a shaking door...a 4.7 earthquake struck about 30 miles from here in Lake Elsinore. Didn't feel any aftershocks.

I go out for lunch and it is SO HOT! The temperature gauge in my Jetta is usually pretty accurate. When I leave the house it is 107 degrees. I go 15 miles to the east in Corona and it ranges between 110 and 113 degrees!!! AND IT'S NOT A DRY HEAT! It's cloudy and windy! Ever since the remnants of Hurrican Dean passed through, it's been humid and hot. No break in the weather until Wednesday :nopity:
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 15846
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Connecticut

Post by Jeremy »

Well, let's see, my Labor Day weekend . . .

Watched a factory 3.0 CSL race car do some laps. Tomorrow they're planning to run the M1 Pro Car. In addition, we got "parade laps" around Lime Rock and 5 e28s in the BMW paddock at the BMW/Rolex Vintage Festival and Bob Behrands took home a trophy from the conours today with his 666csi.

This is only the beginning of what is turning into a fantastic weekend. We're going back tomorrow. Apparently they're doing parade laps again. 8)

Jeremy
944attack
Posts: 151
Joined: Jul 16, 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Post by 944attack »

Here in central florida it's similar... except the humidity is rediculous. I cant even sit or stand in a single place outside for over 3 minutes even if I am infront of a big fan without being drenched in sweat. :x Simply breathing outdoors is heavier because of the humidity level... its THAT bad!

Temps here are high 90's but last month they were up in the 100's.

So basically my weekend has composed of staying inside as much as possible and vegitating beyond comprehension. :|
paddylopez
Posts: 584
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Location: Boise, ID

Post by paddylopez »

It was a good 98 degrees out here in Idaho. BTW, USC vs. Idaho might be the biggest god damn joke in the world! Did the Trojans manage to break triple digits? :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, and my Greek company has me working on Labor Day. I guess I truly get to Labor :cry:
Mike W.
Posts: 27988
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

Lets see, I'm three days in now and here's how it's gone.

Friday, mostly working on the E12 project. It's a good thing.

Saturday, mostly fighting ants invading the kitchen, not a good thing trying to hermetically seal the kitchen from ants in a house built in the 30's.

Sunday, continuing to fight ants, this time outside, but mostly replacing the broken hard plastic seat trim in the wife's E39. They could have made that a great car, but they made it an ok car with a good engine and chassis. They took so many shortcuts there's not even a keyhole on the passenger side.

Temps have been in the 90's, high of 99 today, no wonder I worked up a sweat! A refreshing change from the usual fog til noon or later.

Eric, no bottle opener in your sandals??? Remember, you have a reputation to uphold!
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Post by johnnye23 »

Eric, if it makes you feel any better I am working all weekend and Labor day as well . Plus it's on Graveyard shift, Glory of aviation. :laugh:
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22377
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Re: An interesting Labor Day weekend so far...

Post by Shawn D. »

Eric Q wrote:Of course, I need another pair of flip flops...
... like you need:

Image

You might be interested in this... :D
a
Posts: 12473
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Marshfield ,MA

Post by a »

been busy rebuilding the LR bumper strut housing in galvy ~18 gauge harvested from a piece of decking. Just finished a few honeydoos. Beach may be in the plans later on. :banana:
c_spargo
Posts: 1254
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: In the basement with greasy hands

Post by c_spargo »

Hm. I sat home for most of it with a 102 degree fever. Go figure. :(
paddylopez
Posts: 584
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Location: Boise, ID

Post by paddylopez »

c_spargo wrote:Hm. I sat home for most of it with a 102 degree fever. Go figure. :(
Sorry to hear that, but I can commiserate. I have a sinus infection now, last night was a few hours of 101-102 degree fevers.
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Re: An interesting Labor Day weekend so far...

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

Shawn D. wrote:
Eric Q wrote:Of course, I need another pair of flip flops...
... like you need:

Image

You might be interested in this... :D
After looking at that I can only quote the honorable P.J. Gumby..."MY BRAIN HURTS!!!".

By the way I did check the temperatures in the newspaper from yesterday and the Jetta's temp gauge IS accurate. It was 111 in Chino, 110 in Ontario and 113 in Riverside!!! Hotter than Palm Springs where it was "only" 109.
Bryan in SB
Posts: 2002
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Bryan in SB »

I was waiting for Shawn's reply....

Eric, you're a smart guy, WHY DID YOU TRAVEL INLAND THIS WEEKEND!!!!???? :wow: It was gaawwwd awful hot here near the coast, I can't even imagine the 100+ you were in.

Although I can say, I was in flip flops all weekend. :alright:
thirdworldman
Posts: 109
Joined: Jun 12, 2007
Location: southeastern Connecticut

Re: An interesting Labor Day weekend so far...

Post by thirdworldman »

Eric Q wrote:If it's over 100 degrees, humid and the Labor Day weekend in So. Cal., what do you do? Go to the REI Labor Day weekend sale. Of course, I need another pair of flip flops, so I get a pair of Reefs at well under $30... :D This pair doesn't come with the arch supports um...oh...beer bottle openers.

Then I go to the USC-Idaho game and per my custom, every year I go to a game I get me some sort of USC shirt. Here's a picture of my purchases this weekend (for a certain Beamter ;) )

Image

I wake up this morning to a shaking door...a 4.7 earthquake struck about 30 miles from here in Lake Elsinore. Didn't feel any aftershocks.

I go out for lunch and it is SO HOT! The temperature gauge in my Jetta is usually pretty accurate. When I leave the house it is 107 degrees. I go 15 miles to the east in Corona and it ranges between 110 and 113 degrees!!! AND IT'S NOT A DRY HEAT! It's cloudy and windy! Ever since the remnants of Hurrican Dean passed through, it's been humid and hot. No break in the weather until Wednesday :nopity:
Dude- Fuc#ing MOVE!! What"s wrong with you??
I could not possibly survive in that heat/humidity!!

I live intentionally near the Atlantic Ocean, sure does keep things cooler....
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

Bryan in SB wrote:I was waiting for Shawn's reply....

Eric, you're a smart guy, WHY DID YOU TRAVEL INLAND THIS WEEKEND!!!!???? :wow: It was gaawwwd awful hot here near the coast, I can't even imagine the 100+ you were in.

Although I can say, I was in flip flops all weekend. :alright:
I went to check out my new house, will be ready in a month. Besides there isn't much difference between 107 in Anaheim Hills and 111-113 in the Inland Empire.

On another tangent, I checked out the weather temps from yesterday and in Death Valley the overnight LOW was 100 degrees. During the day it was 121.
Post Reply