E30 is alive after sitting for two years....

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
tacm
Posts: 2989
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

E30 is alive after sitting for two years....

Post by tacm »

.......The $200.00 e30 runs like a champ. Two fuel pumps, relay, tank flush, ecu, fuel filter, plugs, rotor......Runs great. First drive tells me the suspention is tight, clutch engagement is smooth(shifter bushings are shot). There was a lot of smoke on startup, but i think it was dry valve guide seals the smoke went away after a minute or two. My big concern now is the oil pressure light flickers at idle(im putting a new one in in the morning). If I can get her stripped over the weekend she will hit the paint shop monday morning.. Image Image Image Image Image Image
Tim in N FL
Posts: 7392
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: North Central Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by Tim in N FL »

Freakin' Sweet, Steve!
$200 e30 318i + sweat equity (elbow grease) + parts + Earl Schieb-quality respray = <$1000 driver!
:alright:
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Post by ElGuappo »

I agree, that will make a sweet DD...

Jay3
e3mt
Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by e3mt »

I LOVED my 318i. First BMW I had. Parked it several years ago because it was poorly repaired from a previous wreck. Pass side rotted out before I realized what was happening.
Car would sit for 6 months or more at a time and fire up quicker than any BMW I've had since. Crazy.
Drop a line if you need parts. She's on jack stands now and pulling parts as folks need them.
How many miles on your gem?
Mark
tacm
Posts: 2989
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by tacm »

e3mt wrote:I LOVED my 318i. First BMW I had. Parked it several years ago because it was poorly repaired from a previous wreck. Pass side rotted out before I realized what was happening.
Car would sit for 6 months or more at a time and fire up quicker than any BMW I've had since. Crazy.
Drop a line if you need parts. She's on jack stands now and pulling parts as folks need them.
How many miles on your gem?
Mark
135,000k I wish I would have kown before I bought the ecu......ill send you a pm when I figure out what all I need. Thanx Steve
adrian in florida
Posts: 2344
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by adrian in florida »

way to go stevo :clap: :haul: :haul: :haul: :haul: :haul: :haul:
Post Reply