we got it!

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
aholbrook
Posts: 20
Joined: Jul 16, 2007
Location: Nampa, Idaho

we got it!

Post by aholbrook »

we finally got the bimmer.
here are the stats-
1982 bmw 528e
dauphine blue mettalic
bare natural interior
sunroof
the works....


i was wondering how much insurance costs for these?
geico wanted 100 bucks.


pics up soon.

its not delphine blue, its... saphire blue?

oh and what are the "rear lights"?
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

It will vary drastically by state. I insure my 533i for less than $100 per month, and some states are much lower. Others will cost you thousands per year....Funny thing is, one car costs me about $90 per month to insure, but if I insure all 3, it only comes out to $138 per month. Multi-vehicle discounts at work...
Last edited by Kyle in NO on Jul 26, 2007 12:37 AM, edited 1 time in total.
dez528e
Posts: 192
Joined: Apr 28, 2007
Location: Austin TX
Contact:

Post by dez528e »

I pay about $50 by being on another person's insurance policy, otherwise I'd be paying about $140 in California.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Kyle in NO wrote:It will vary drastically by state. I insure my 533i for less than $100 per month, and some states are much lower. Others will cost you thousands per year....Funny thing is, one car costs me about $90 per month to insure, but if I insure all 3, it only comes out to $138 per month. Multi-vehicle discounts at work...
What type of coverage do you have? Also, who are you with?
vance
Posts: 1576
Joined: Aug 26, 2006
Location: Home of 5erFest 2009

Post by vance »

I spoke with Alfa the other day, and I was suprised when I was told to get full coverage with them I would need to have an appraisal done on the car first.

Vance
BudFox
Posts: 655
Joined: Feb 07, 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by BudFox »

vance wrote:I spoke with Alfa the other day, and I was suprised when I was told to get full coverage with them I would need to have an appraisal done on the car first.

Vance
That's surprising. I got stated value coverage thru Progressive, and they didn't ask for an appraisal. I do really need to get an appraisal though - just to prove the value, but I don't know where to go to get one.
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

I apy $55/month through Geico. I don't have all the fancy coverage but it meets the states minimum and Geico is great on the phone, so it works for me!
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

When I was in Portland with the 533, I was paying $400 for 6 months for Progressive's highest liability coverage and nothing on the car. I come to Phoenix and they want $1500 for lesser coverage (still the highest they offer here) for the same period of time. When I was looking at the M5, they wanted $4500 for 6 months - for a 20 year old car! I would have had an ABS discount though.

Honestly, if you have the driving experience, get a collectors policy. You pay peanuts to insure the car, and most companies have policies that allow you to drive 5k a year, and a couple offer unlimited mileage. For the M5 on the 500 mile per year policy it was $180 for the year.
Post Reply