Wow , that was cool !!

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Wow , that was cool !!

Post by johnnye23 »

I just want to give a quick thanks to those that made my first 5erfest such a great experience . I would like to also thank choochoobimmers of Chattanooga , and also BMW of Chattanooga. It was so cool having the dinner reception in the garage area . I met a lot of great folks and I am allready looking forward to next year , again THANKS ! Johnny
brianBOFH
Posts: 179
Joined: Feb 19, 2007
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Wow , that was cool !!

Post by brianBOFH »

johnnye23 wrote:I just want to give a quick thanks to those that made my first 5erfest such a great experience . I would like to also thank choochoobimmers of Chattanooga , and also BMW of Chattanooga. It was so cool having the dinner reception in the garage area . I met a lot of great folks and I am allready looking forward to next year , again THANKS ! Johnny
I second that.

I don't think we met Johnny, but it was me that asked you if you had a spare thermostat (jokingly) on Saturday night while we were helping out with the 524td. I didn't expect you to do an about face and come back five minutes later with a thermostat + housing. That just goes to show how great this community is!

Thanks again to everyone who put in all of the time and effort to make 5erfest such a great experience.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Re: Wow , that was cool !!

Post by C.R. Krieger »

brianBOFH wrote: I don't think we met Johnny, but it was me that asked you if you had a spare thermostat (jokingly) on Saturday night while we were helping out with the 524td. I didn't expect you to do an about face and come back five minutes later with a thermostat + housing. That just goes to show how great this community is!
Yeah; it can be tough to be a Smartass© like that when you're surrounded by a crowd of folks who can basically rebuild your car before dawn, if necessary (at least, as long as the beer holds out :beer:). I didn't hear anyone complaining that his headrests didn't work this year or that he had an OBC light sword to replace, or we would have done a Garage Party Tech Session on that, too. :wrenchtime:

Hey, C.J.; last year was headrests and this year the steering box bolt. Whaddya got for an encore? :rofl:
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Re: Wow , that was cool !!

Post by johnnye23 »

brianBOFH wrote:
johnnye23 wrote:I just want to give a quick thanks to those that made my first 5erfest such a great experience . I would like to also thank choochoobimmers of Chattanooga , and also BMW of Chattanooga. It was so cool having the dinner reception in the garage area . I met a lot of great folks and I am allready looking forward to next year , again THANKS ! Johnny
I second that.

I don't think we met Johnny, but it was me that asked you if you had a spare thermostat (jokingly) on Saturday night while we were helping out with the 524td. I didn't expect you to do an about face and come back five minutes later with a thermostat + housing. That just goes to show how great this community is!

Thanks again to everyone who put in all of the time and effort to make 5erfest such a great experience.
I am glad I was able to help with the thermostat . I would rather be giving out parts than asking for them :laugh:
Jay in VA
Posts: 1917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Raleigh, North Cakalacky

Re: Wow , that was cool !!

Post by Jay in VA »

johnnye23 wrote:
brianBOFH wrote:
johnnye23 wrote:I just want to give a quick thanks to those that made my first 5erfest such a great experience . I would like to also thank choochoobimmers of Chattanooga , and also BMW of Chattanooga. It was so cool having the dinner reception in the garage area . I met a lot of great folks and I am allready looking forward to next year , again THANKS ! Johnny
I second that.

I don't think we met Johnny, but it was me that asked you if you had a spare thermostat (jokingly) on Saturday night while we were helping out with the 524td. I didn't expect you to do an about face and come back five minutes later with a thermostat + housing. That just goes to show how great this community is!

Thanks again to everyone who put in all of the time and effort to make 5erfest such a great experience.
I am glad I was able to help with the thermostat . I would rather be giving out parts than asking for them :laugh:
Same here Johnny! I gave out several items for Karma sake. It seems to work itself out. :D
Wiseguy
Posts: 2026
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Between 17K and Rt 52 but a lot closer to 52

Post by Wiseguy »

Screw you Johnny, your monster creeper kicked my ass! :laugh:

Seriously, awesome to meet ya man! And.. umm... can you add Nitrous to a creeper?
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Post by johnnye23 »

Wiseguy wrote:Screw you Johnny, your monster creeper kicked my ass! :laugh:

Seriously, awesome to meet ya man! And.. umm... can you add Nitrous to a creeper?
Bill all that work was worth it now :rofl: :rofl: I am working with Duke on a Turbo mod for it and Tammer has requested brakes and an Mp3 player. :laugh: I expect next years creeper races will be a little different . :banana:
C.J.
Posts: 3915
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Orange County, CA

Post by C.J. »

I think you should really add the one thing that our cars don't have to your creeper. A cup holder. And by cup holder of course, I mean beer holder.

C.R., last year I had a broken headrest and blew out a brand new tire on the way home. This year it was the steering box mount. I don't even want to think what Ratty will do next year. :roll:
Post Reply