Am I crazy for liking these wheels?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Am I crazy for liking these wheels?

Post by skip535i »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... Track=true

I would polish the lip and have the centers in high gloss black paint. I think it is a much better look than the BBS RS look, anyone like?
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

O yeah, and if I were to buy them could someone from ohio pick them up (I'll even pay ya) and bring them to 5erFest?
T_C_D
Posts: 7733
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Contact:

Post by T_C_D »

I can pick them up and ship them to you.
Todd
C.J.
Posts: 3915
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Orange County, CA

Post by C.J. »

I'm not going to agree that they look better than RSs (see sig), but they do look good and I like your plan of action. Get 'em.
legolas120
Posts: 378
Joined: Jul 14, 2006
Location: Waikoloa, HI

Re: Am I crazy for liking these wheels?

Post by legolas120 »

skip535i wrote:
I would polish the lip and have the centers in high gloss black paint. I think it is a much better look than the BBS RS look, anyone like?
This is what I was thinking of doing to my 16" style 29's...
Blue Shadow
Posts: 10534
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: SE PA

Post by Blue Shadow »

Depends on car color for these gold wheels. Your black car would be fine with them. The centers can be painted black as you say, but the gold looks good with a few cars. They need a coat of paint whatever color you decide.
Mless5
Posts: 4033
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Marblehead, MA

Post by Mless5 »

I think they look tits! I'd prefer more yellowish "gold".
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

If the seller did use "Steel Wool" to clean the alloy portion of the wheels it may take some work to polish them up nicely. :rofl:
RonP
Posts: 3581
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sunset Beach, California
Contact:

Post by RonP »

These are great wheels and period correct for an e28. I have seen them in black on an e23 and they look even better. Good choice!

By the way, Hayashi was the former name of the now named HRE wheels, which are, as you may know, very pricey.

Buy them!!
T_C_D
Posts: 7733
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Contact:

Post by T_C_D »

These are going to be mine very shortly if someone doesn't bid promptly. The seller is a friend and is buying some 17s from me. I may just take them in as partial trade and refinish them. then, of course they would be $800.

Todd
Post Reply