FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15 - Sold!

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Post Reply
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15 - Sold!

Post by wkohler »

These wheels used to be on Dolph Lundgren's E32. My friend Eric got them from someone who maintained the car and ran them on his 745i for a while. they have been in storage since then. The style is called Quasar (thanks SF-535is!). They're pretty funky looking and several local E36 guys have expressed interest but they only have bent Chinese garbage to trade. I'm looking for $400 for this great collection of quality Italian wheels with a celebrity connection. I can even include a certificate of authenticity.

Condition-wise, they could stand to be refinished. One minor flat spot on the inside of a barrel and one has been repaired. They balanced fine. All four center caps are included.

Image

Curb rash:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Local pickup is strongly encouraged, but I will ship at the buyer's expense.
Last edited by wkohler on Feb 07, 2017 3:47 AM, edited 2 times in total.
SF-535is
Posts: 609
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: FS: Momo Typ 01600 Wheels 17x8.5 ET15

Post by SF-535is »

Momo Quasars!
Good luck with sale.
The 17" version had a little bit different spoke design than the typical 16" and smaller diameter.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by wkohler »

Thank you! I had never seen them before and I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what they are.
Spen
Posts: 1632
Joined: Feb 23, 2011
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by Spen »

These are worth the asking price without dolph. With, it's just "too kool..." Time to watch showdown in little Tokyo
86GT635
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mar 11, 2009
Location: Kentucky USA

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by 86GT635 »

$400 isn't bad for a set of wheels with a lip that deep. Sure, they're not a set of Hartge's with the same specs but they'll work just the same.

Are the center caps plastic?
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by wkohler »

They are a multiple part cap. Metal disc with a plastic sandwich. I need to take two apart and put them back together properly but I haven't done it yet.
86GT635
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mar 11, 2009
Location: Kentucky USA

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by 86GT635 »

wkohler wrote:They are a multiple part cap. Metal disc with a plastic sandwich. I need to take two apart and put them back together properly but I haven't done it yet.

That's nice, with a metal cap one could polish the flat parts of the spokes and paint the angles black or silver. I don't think think anybody has any pics of those wheels at a angle. It looks like the spokes are convex a little bit. They're interesting and definitely 90's fashion.

I think the Rap God Eazy E had some 16" Quasars on his e31.

Image
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by wkohler »

Those are 17s looking at the tire profile.
86GT635
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mar 11, 2009
Location: Kentucky USA

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by 86GT635 »

Yep, I think you're right. They just looked like 16s because of the gap- induced by low profile tires.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by wkohler »

I can't believe you came up with that so quickly. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what these things were. Amazing.
86GT635
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mar 11, 2009
Location: Kentucky USA

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by 86GT635 »

wkohler wrote:I can't believe you came up with that so quickly. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what these things were. Amazing.
You weren't searching the right terms it seems.

I would have been thrown a serious loop if I had to search momo 7 spoke.

Hit up Quasar and it throws up a bunch of hits with different sizes but none with 17x8.5"

Good cheap deep lip wheels that will work on a e28 with a fender roll in the back depending on tires .. e24 still has mucho room.
cwomike
Posts: 312
Joined: Apr 26, 2008
Location: Rockledge, FL

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by cwomike »

I ran these wheels (16") for years on two different e28s...Loved 'em. If you notice my profile pic, I have them on my car in Italy.
GLWS
Pavel
Posts: 1505
Joined: Jan 02, 2012
Location: Sugar Land, TX

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by Pavel »

These are cool! I had to check if Dolph Lundgren actually had an E32 - out of curiousity.
igotbank
Posts: 912
Joined: Aug 06, 2007
Location: NY

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by igotbank »

What circa are these wheels? Early 90s perhaps?
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by wkohler »

E32/E31/E34 era so yes, late late '80s/early '90s.
tig
Posts: 9595
Joined: Mar 18, 2013
Location: Durango
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by tig »

This is the second best thread on mye28 right now.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by wkohler »

These wheels look really neat on E23s and the specs work for E28s too. The lip is 'uuuuge. Impress your friends.
tig
Posts: 9595
Joined: Mar 18, 2013
Location: Durango
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by tig »

wkohler wrote:These wheels look really neat on E23s and the specs work for E28s too. The lip is 'uuuuge. Impress your friends.
I do like big lips.
Pavel
Posts: 1505
Joined: Jan 02, 2012
Location: Sugar Land, TX

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by Pavel »

I am starting to like these more and more...
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by wkohler »

Well they are still available and would look great. I have had a lot of interest but only with trades. Need money pls.
disco stu
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mar 27, 2007
Location: Bham, Alabama

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15

Post by disco stu »

could you quote me a price shipped to 35242?
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: FS: Momo Quasars 17x8.5 ET15 - Sold!

Post by wkohler »

Wheels are sold. Thanks!
Post Reply