Car doesn't want to start yet has power ...?!!

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
Brownie402
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 20, 2013

Car doesn't want to start yet has power ...?!!

Post by Brownie402 »

Hey I bought an 1984 bmw 533i 220k miles from a friend of mine . When I bought it it would stall on me while driving .. So I let it sit and did research .. Came down to the ignition coil .. Replaced it car was good for a while then bam stalling all over again .. I recently replaced the fpr and cleaned the maf sensor .. Eventually car just didn't want to kick over yet it has power ..

New parts are : fuel pressure regulator , starter , water pump , thermostat , fuel filter , fuel pump , spark plug wires ,

Someone please help a e28 newbie .. Before i junk it
dsmith
Posts: 2363
Joined: Jan 20, 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

Post by dsmith »

Follow the testing on this website and assist with a Bentley manual. Most likely you'll find the issue, but I would highly suspect the ecu, coolant temp sensor or massive air leak. I have had a no start from a cap and rotor also. You can scrap the carbon off to test it.

www.hiperformancestore.com/Motronic.htm
Brownie402
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 20, 2013

Post by Brownie402 »

dsmith wrote:Follow the testing on this website and assist with a Bentley manual. Most likely you'll find the issue, but I would highly suspect the ecu, coolant temp sensor or massive air leak. I have had a no start from a cap and rotor also. You can scrap the carbon off to test it.

www.hiperformancestore.com/Motronic.htm



I still don't know what that means ... Any other advice ?
foamy
Posts: 1534
Joined: May 29, 2007
Location: east haddam Connecticut

Post by foamy »

open the link he provided and read.
demetk
Posts: 8433
Joined: Aug 09, 2007
Location: CT, USA

Post by demetk »

Brownie402 wrote:I still don't know what that means ... Any other advice ?
Maybe, junk it?
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

No one knows what the shit "kick over" means. This isn't a scooter.

Also, stop making new topics for the same issues. If you can't even describe what is happening proficiently, no one will be able to help you.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 9140
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Contact:

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

I'm local & can connect with you to give my opinion whether the car is salvageable or not. In the event it isn't, I have resources to assist with alternative methods.
Post Reply