Hello all. New member here and new to e28's. Just picked up an '87 535is that needs some sorting out. I noticed that the cap is (presumably) missing from the service port under the good, which I imagine isn't a good thing. Any idea what the part is called or where I can order one up?
Thanks!
Where to find cap for service port?
-
Redhookfern
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Aug 16, 2013
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
Welcome to the site! Using the search function can help you locate a lot of information quickly as most questions have been asked in some form or other. You can also go to http://www.realoem.com and enter in the last 7 numbers of your VIN to locate specific parts to your vehicle, including diagrams, part numbers, approximate costs, etc.
I believe the part number you need is 12521286052. BMW calls it simply a "COVER," but I've also seen it called a "PROTECTION CAP." It is number 9 pictured in the diagram below. The cap is connected to a tang which snaps into plastic tabs on the diagnostic port.

Hope this helps!
I believe the part number you need is 12521286052. BMW calls it simply a "COVER," but I've also seen it called a "PROTECTION CAP." It is number 9 pictured in the diagram below. The cap is connected to a tang which snaps into plastic tabs on the diagnostic port.

Hope this helps!

