Page 1 of 1
Rim Fittment
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 8:44 PM
by Amos830
I bumped a zombie thread but just should have posted a thread here.
I found a dirty cheap set of Act Ronal rims
16x8.5 ET10 225/45
I was hoping to fit them on my e28 for track duty. Although some people have told me it's too aggressive and I'd probably have to roll my fenders. They also said that there is NO WAY they'd fit if I lowered the car at all.
Do they know what they're talking about? Or do they just want to snag the rims from me?
These are identical rims to the ones I'm looking at:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... ?t=1642137
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 8:45 PM
by LiftoffOversteer
They are "purists".
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 9:23 PM
by Coldswede
There is no way your going to fit those rear tires on the left rear without body modifications (more than just a base ball bat or lip trimming).
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 10:05 PM
by mooseheadm5
LiftoffOversteer wrote:They are "purists".
At least "they" are correct. The tires will rub (and are also too short- E30 fitment.) What you choose to do about that is up to you. Rolling the fenders is absolutely necessary. Pulling them may also be required for that tire width. Stretching tires for the race track really isn't an option (especially since you are looking for more traction, not less.)
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 7:44 AM
by Shawn D.
LiftoffOversteer wrote:They are "purists".
Nearly everyone who uses that term uses it incorrectly, including you. A "purist" is someone who makes no modifications or only accepts modifications performed by sanctified tuners (i.e. Alpina, Hartge). Simply because someone is against a particular modification does not make them a "purist."
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 11:56 AM
by Amos830
I passed on them. I really want style 32's anyway. So I'll just save and wait.

Posted: Oct 26, 2011 1:30 PM
by mooseheadm5
Just remember that 32s are really heavy so they don't make the best track wheels.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 1:34 PM
by Amos830
Agreed. But they're just soooo sexy on an e28!
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 1:58 PM
by wkohler
Amos830 wrote:Agreed. But they're just soooo sexy on an e28!
That's why everyone goes to the track. They just park their cars in various spots on the track and get photos.
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 2:13 PM
by Amos830
wkohler wrote:Amos830 wrote:Agreed. But they're just soooo sexy on an e28!
That's why everyone goes to the track. They just park their cars in various spots on the track and get photos.
It's probably the cheaper route.