BBS center cap question (anyone?)

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Post Reply
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

BBS center cap question (anyone?)

Post by shagrath »

Here is a pic of my car with the rears being BBS's. They are missing the center caps. They are 14"'s.

What size and part number are the BMW centercaps I can get for these wheels? (they are not the bottle cap style like the TRX's (front at the time of the pic)). The link for a set for $15 is here, off a 7 series: http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=58 ... entre+caps

As I said- ignore the front TRX's. The wheels in question are the BBS's in the back.

Image
BMWCCA2
Posts: 4088
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Central Virginia

Post by BMWCCA2 »

How 'bout a close-up of the wheels so my old eyes have half a chance of seeing what it is you're asking about? ;)
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Argh. We answered this question already!

#s 3 and 4 here.

Personally, I'd be more concerned with having four wheels that matched.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

wkohler wrote:Argh. We answered this question already!

#s 3 and 4 here.

Personally, I'd be more concerned with having four wheels that matched.
Umm... no... you answered about TRX wheels. And two... I do have matching wheels... this is an older photo from 4 months ago...

A good answer other than "you need matching wheels" would be nice please.

A closeup:
Image
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

wkohler wrote:#s 3 and 4 here..
Thank you. That's the answer I needed. Not "you need matching wheels". :roll:

New tires and badges coming soon.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:#s 3 and 4 here..
Thank you. That's the answer I needed. Not "you need matching wheels". :roll:

New tires and badges coming soon.
I never said "you need matching wheels," rather, "I'd be more concerned with having 4 wheels that matched." :D

Good luck.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

wkohler wrote:
stikrz wrote:
wkohler wrote:#s 3 and 4 here..
Thank you. That's the answer I needed. Not "you need matching wheels". :roll:

New tires and badges coming soon.
I never said "you need matching wheels," rather, "I'd be more concerned with having 4 wheels that matched." :D

Good luck.
:D

I gotcha. Got a little flustered there. Actually to be honest I did have 4 matching after that... but I roasted the tires in NC over Xmas. Scott lent me his 2 390mm TRX's until I get tires and an alignment for the whole car. I'm getting a set of Sumitomo HTR-H4 tires that Shaun D recommended... then the centers (which were almost $60 for everything at the dealer :shock: ) with new tie rods and alignment; I should be set! :alright:
Post Reply