Page 1 of 1

5er "Generations" Meet - Fort Lee, NJ - 9/22/07 -

Posted: Sep 06, 2007 2:53 PM
by 525iT_Feen
New to the forum but not to the e28. A month ago a group of 5er guys set up a meet in NJ. This is info on the second one. I joined this forum to invite the e28 guys out to school us on where it all came from (e12's are also welcome). We had a great turnout last month but would like to have an even larger group and variety this time around. This is a great forum you guys have going, it was a pleasure joining!

Onto the good stuff:
Ok guys, round two…The 5 series “Generations” meet has officially been set! Much like the last meet, we will be at the same location in Fort Lee, NJ. People should start rolling in at 1030 - 11 and can come and go as they please. There will be food at the event however, this time around there is a $10 charge up front. Last time we had a few people eat and not pay (probably wasn’t intentional) and neither I nor Dan want to come out of pocket for food. I decided that it was easiest to meet in Fort Lee because of the huge space and easy access to everyone in the Tri-State area. We toyed with the idea of doing the meet in Brooklyn at a fellow 5ers shop but it is far to complicated so we are just going to stick to what we know.

This time around I, along with numerous other members, have put in a lot of time and effort to make sure that we have more then just e39’s there. The purpose of the “generations” meet is to have a good time, but we would definitely love to see 5ers of all time periods show up! Name tags will be provided to make things easier.

Location: Ross Docks, Fort Lee, NJ (right under the GW bridge)
Date: Saturday, September 22nd.
Rain Date: Sunday, September 23rd
Time: 1030 to whenever we are done
Drive: Yes, this one will be planned a little better and will be worked into the schedule so people with obligations that same day can work around it if they want to go.
Food: Yes - $10 cover charge
Raffle: There is a relatively large chance that there will be a raffle of some sort. It won’t be anything extreme but we are definitely working on making this happen.
Directions are being worked on by Dan and we will be created to avoid as much confusion as possible. I really hope we can get a larger presence of cars and people this time around, and hope to see as many of you come out as possible! It’s time to put even more faces to forum handles!

-Dan will have a jack and a tool set at the meet so anyone with tech questions or knowledge should definitely come on out!

-I will have my camera handy and will be better prepared to take photos this time around (it was way to hot last time!). Anyone interested in doing a shoot while we are there can speak to me at the event. My photography skills are far from phenomenal but I enjoy the hobby and will do your car justice!


Family and Friends welcome. Feel free to PM or email me with any questions/comments/suggestions.
Click picture for link to a complete album and comments from the previous meet in August:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... p?t=817094

-Olek
[email protected]
SPREAD THE WORD!

Posted: Sep 06, 2007 5:47 PM
by 525iT_Feen
C'mon guys we need the old schooler there!

Posted: Sep 06, 2007 5:55 PM
by Jeremy
525iT_Feen wrote:C'mon guys we need the old schooler there!
You posted this 3 hours ago for an event 2 weekends away. Relax!

Jeremy

Posted: Sep 06, 2007 9:39 PM
by 525iT_Feen
Jeremy wrote:
525iT_Feen wrote:C'mon guys we need the old schooler there!
You posted this 3 hours ago for an event 2 weekends away. Relax!

Jeremy
It was a simple way of bumping the post. Thanks for the useful input.

generations

Posted: Sep 07, 2007 9:27 PM
by BOOMER5
Sounds like fun,I'll try to get there.

Re: generations

Posted: Sep 07, 2007 11:49 PM
by 525iT_Feen
BOOMER5 wrote:Sounds like fun,I'll try to get there.
It was a really good time, there just wasn't much variety. Everyone that went agreed that it would be awesome to meet some of the e12 and e28 guys.

Hope to see some of you there. :banana:

Posted: Sep 09, 2007 11:24 PM
by Jeremy
I'm going to try to be there. You guys going to BavAuto in October?

Jeremy

Posted: Sep 09, 2007 11:41 PM
by BOOMER5
Jeremy;I think the e39 guys are gonna get a kick out of your car.

Posted: Sep 10, 2007 12:20 AM
by 525iT_Feen
Jeremy wrote:I'm going to try to be there. You guys going to BavAuto in October?

Jeremy
I will be there. I believe there will be a group of 5ers coming up from NY/NJ for the show.
BOOMER5 wrote:Jeremy;I think the e39 guys are gonna get a kick out of your car.
Why is that? You have to fill me in.

Posted: Sep 10, 2007 8:16 PM
by chrism
Or just cringe at it :D
BOOMER5 wrote:Jeremy;I think the e39 guys are gonna get a kick out of your car.

Posted: Sep 11, 2007 12:54 PM
by 525iT_Feen
Bidump!

Posted: Sep 11, 2007 2:03 PM
by Jeremy
chrism wrote:Or just cringe at it :D
BOOMER5 wrote:Jeremy;I think the e39 guys are gonna get a kick out of your car.
They will pHeAr mY tItE rYdE, yO.

Jeremy

Posted: Sep 16, 2007 2:23 AM
by 525iT_Feen
Thanks for the sticky guys!

More details on a caravan from MA to NJ along 95 coming soon.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 1:51 AM
by Jeremy
Did anybody make it to this? I was hauling a car from CT to NC and then bringing the trailer home last weekend, so the event was kinda out.

Jeremy

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 6:50 PM
by BOOMER5
I have a number of projects going on with the car,and only the weekends to do them on,so I decided not to go.The impression I got from reading a thread on Roadfly was that there were probably less than 4 e28s there.

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 7:59 AM
by Shawn D.
Hmm... methinks this ain't sticky-worthy any more.